Classic Vehicle Tax Exemption

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustrat

Reaction score
Preview: Road Tax Exemption

As many of you will know the government said last March that the tax exemption would now cover vehicles manufactured in 1973 as against previously 1972. I have been in touch with DVLA on a couple of occassions and have been told that they had not been notified yet. Well I spoke to them today, and yes they have been notified. The chap I spoke to was very helpfull and gave me all the information needed.In your log book V5C section 7 write in the taxation class Historic. In section 8 sign and date. You will also have to fill a V10 and enclose MOT.If your car has not been registered yet you may also have to prove age of vehicle either from classic car club or manufactuer. After all of that send everything to :-
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1DZ
My documents will be in post tomorrow

Robert

Not being funny but all vehicles covered by this forum are already eligible for historic road tax so not sure why you are posting this ?

Yes Graham, Early Bays are covered but members may have other vehicles as well such as Beetles, Type 3 or like myself a Karmann Ghia. I dont have a Bay, but I read the Early Bay Forum as well as other VW classic forums as there is very useful information for all VW aircooled users.

Graham L said:
Not being funny but all vehicles covered by this forum are already eligible for historic road tax so not sure why you are posting this ?
what about the (grey area) fleetline heros Graham.

ps like ya style.

jth

I've recieved a letter from DVLA regarding request for 'Historic' tax exemption this morning. As the regulation do not come into force untill April 1st they cannot issue tax disc untill then. The letter goes onto say 'Therefore we are holding onto your application until the 1st Aril 2014 when we will be able to process your application and you should receive your disc'. Job's a goodn !
Bob
:) :D :D

Latest posts