• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

chrome dipped 6 x 15 porsche teledials with tyres

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andewilson

Reaction score
I have decided to have a trim of the hoard. the realization is that i probably will run 16's as a minimum when the bus is done so some of my 15's are up for grabs.

These are a full set of 6j tele's from a 924s that at some point in their life have been mirror polished then chrome dipped.

I have never seen another set like them as no one in the uk chromes alloy wheels so would suggest they have been done in the US (where the laws are different)

The tyres are 185 65 15 rear and 175 55 15 front, all of which have loads of tread.

They also come with a set of ultra rare and expensive OE chrome 996 anniversary centre caps (over £150 for four when you could buy them).

These were the first set of wheel i bought for my bus but i have never used them and it seems a shame to have them sat there doing nothing.

£600

Not cheap but you will never find a set the same.

people ask £450 for mirror polished ones and there go off the boil the minute you fit them and need polishing every year.

Rubbered up, ready to roll. the nicer 6j size for great tuck. :D

I will dig out a pic later but for now just imagine a tele you need shades to look at in the sun. 8)

Hi mate, it was always my understanding that uk chromers wouldn't do alloy wheels or it may have just been cheaper to send them to the us to get done due to the cost of uk chroming.

are you still running those chrome steels i sold you? i ended up getting another set the same as i sold you in 4.5j all round. but some porsche owner saw my original for sale advert from when i sold you those ones and made me an offer i couldn't refuse so they went too :roll:

Yes mate. They are on and off as I keep changing. Still cool as though in my eyes. 8)
I got a quote from a chromers to re do them last year. It was expensive. (150 a corner) but he was happy to do it.

thats cheap mate i would say 200+ a rim. there is a set on ebay at the moment in non chrome. he is only asking a grand :shock: :shock: :shock: ive got a set in my lock up i'd sell for less than half that. gready porsche owners :roll:

I love mine and they are still in good shape, plus they are 4.5 & 5.5's. Got a lot of stuff to be spending on before I go re-chroming! :lol:

Latest posts