CB radios???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobby81

Reaction score
thinking of getting CB radios for me and a mate just for a bit of fun, does anybody use them? Do the cheap ones work or do you have to spend a bit. Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,
I have a FM CB channels 1-40.
There isn't much talk on them these days but if you have a pal with one then it will work a treat.
I was lucky that my father in law still had my wife's from when she was a child.
You can pick up second had units cheap.
A friend uses AM now its legal, he reckons that there are a few people on that

It would only be be used to keep a 4yr old kid and a 33yr old kid entertained on the drive to camper jam etc, what I want to know is do the £40 ones work. Ten-four.

Yup, i have one as does my mates, perfect for cruising about and invaluable when doing a long cruise to EBI etc :)

robins said:
i got one as easy said ;) i think the midland ones are cheap

Midland are cool, make sure you get the best aerial you can and swr it in properly as it will make all the difference, as will where you position your aerial. :mrgreen:

Got one, not used on any cruises yet but I did have a lovely conversation with a man called "Fat T--t Bob", who was once arrested for sodomy. So he said.

Happystamps said:
Got one, not used on any cruises yet but I did have a lovely conversation with a man called "Fat T--t Bob", who was once arrested for sodomy. So he said.

:lol: :lol:

I have a president one, it worked really well the one time I used it, never used on a cruise and only have one mate with one :lol:

I run one in my 71 and now a in my T5 too.
Certainly handy when cruising up to a show from Bristol to Santa Pod or down to Chimay for EBI

Either that or you can buy a pair of 2 way radios for about the same price....work just as good if your in convoy. Range of a couple of miles.

Foz said:
Either that or you can buy a pair of 2 way radios for about the same price....work just as good if your in convoy. Range of a couple of miles.

Using a cb when driving is legal, however using a 2 way or walkie-talkie is not, and if you get seen by the police you could be looking at a fine and points.

mr scoops said:
Foz said:

Using a cb when driving is legal, however using a 2 way or walkie-talkie is not, and if you get seen by the police you could be looking at a fine and points.

That's the reason why I have a CB - had one in various cars when younger and bought a midland one for the camper, it also looks 8)

mr scoops said:
Foz said:

Its almost as bad as....You can fiddle retuning your radio, but you cant mess with your sat nav whilst driving else you'll get fined!
Worlds gone crazy!!

Latest posts