Carb

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolandtheclipper

Reaction score
Hi,

we currently have a gen solex w germany carb that is leaking fuel from the pump linkage, tried a rebuild kit and no difference. I have spoken to a rebuild company and was told it a known issue and they no longer rebuild - service them, and would recommend a Weber as a replacement, which they would fit and tune.

Has any one got a weber one? are they any good?

can any one recommend a place to have a carb rebuilt?

we had tried a empi one, but we could not get it running nor could the local garage. I have a spare solex Mexican one which was not running too smooth either

Cogbox used to rebuild original solex carbs look up their website for more details, I've heard a few people complain about empi ones but never tried one myself.

might be worth asking around for a scrap one, and swapping the pump linkage over, in fact if you can wait for me to look (about 10 days) I might have the linkage myself

Are you sure its from the pump linkage and not the butterfly spindle bushes,you can get brass bushes on ebay.

not 100% sure the fuel is on the linkage bar. seems to be coming from the back

we had an empi carb on it and it was crap... so want to stay original

Well the accelerator pump linkage (at the back, next to the alternator) is separated from fuel flow by design by the accelerator pump diaphragm- if that's torn, then you will have a fair old leak as the cover & pivot was never designed to seal anything.
At the front, it's just connected to the throttle spindle- these can leak a little, but new bushes tend to sort it.

Latest posts