Can someone come take a look at my van?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Panel
I'm based in Leeds (near the airport) and am wondering if one of my fellow EB'ers would do me a favour and come and give me some advice on my van?

To be a bit more specific: I want it MOT'd, and I want to get a better sense of what will be required for this in terms of bodywork. So I am looking for someone who can give me a better idea which bits need tending to, to pass as well as a vague estimate of effort/time/cost/whatever for these bits.

I am considering paying someone to do the work for me now to get the beast back on the road but because it is currently sat without an engine, I was going to get it trailered off somewhere, but don't want to send it away until I'm sure I can afford to get it home again :p

There's The Herbie Hospital on Dolly Lane in Leeds. They're quite a good bunch and would probably pop over and give you an estimate. They've remained in business for a long time (been going for at least 20 years) and if longevity is a sign of competency then that's a tick in the box.

I haven't used them for a long time but did pop in just before Christmas as I toyed with the idea of them doing my oil cooler seals for me, their labour rate was good and they offered to either source the parts or use parts that I provided. They will also use s/h parts if you require that (although obviously they are limited in terms of guaranteeing work if self-sourced s/h parts are used).

Give 'em a call. Johnny was the guy I talked to, he was sound. Leon who used to own the place has retired now and I think Johnny owns it.

https://plus.google.com/111619493249276507171/about?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (phone number is in the pic ;) )

Good luck! :)

Eyyup dude .. Hows things?

Im no expert .. but I would be glad to pop up and see ya and give you my opinion if it helps ..

:)

Hilly

You could also try John at Beetle People - 0113 252 3255. His garage is in Morley but he lives in Chapel Allerton. Super sound bloke and very reasonable in terms of labour.

Not surprised Leon's retired after the amount of money I used to spend there keeping my first beetle on the road!!

Jonny

Thanks chaps!
I will get on the phone to HH and BP after the bank holiday :)

Now then Hilly, how's tricks? Saw that you have painted the van up - good work!
It'd be great if you wouldn't mind making the trip over this way :D
When are you free? I think I'm off work until Friday

Latest posts