Calling all Rusty Lee Bed Owners - what's the foam lowdown

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockandrollcamper

Reaction score
Hi all,

eventually got my finger out and test fitted the bed. Blimey these are well made. Well Recommended to anyone thinking about one.

Anyway, ..... whats the craic with foam.

Who don you reccomend? are there any companies who will have your bed/pattern ? otherwise what thickness do you reccomend? I guess theres a min/max.

what colour? In had blue 4" foam in my T4 and it was like sleeping on a 2.99 camping mat

Cheers for your help fellas

Nigel

look here http://www.bromsgroveautotrim.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
they did mine and use lees beds
so they can advise you (that blue foam is hard ) ask for ange she will help you
and talk about all the differnt foam densities.. :D

Just answered this question on TLB ...apologies if it's the same person asking. Don't go for the blue foam it's like concrete. When we do R&Rs we always use reflect ...4" is the most commonly asked for. Also top it with a dacron cushion to preserve the covers and add to comfort.

Having said that what have we got in our camper...? 3" blue foam and it's uncomfy. One of these days we'll sort our own bed out!! LOL

Check with Harlequin who did my old seats. He used two foams and they were so good I am going back again when I collect my bed from Herefrod in a couple of weeks. Sorry I don't know any more than 'two types of foam'!

Latest posts