• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Business for sale:- Pop Top Kitchen

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67westy

Reaction score
It's with great sadness that we are putting up for sale the Pop Top Kitchen. The business has been established for just over a year now but a change of circumstances means we can no longer continue running it. The business has gone from strength to strength in the past 12 months and we have established an excellent reputation amongst our clientele at the VW shows we have attended. The quality of the food we offer and the uniqueness of the catering Puck means that bookings our easily gained and we are regularly approached to attend events. We also attend a series of Triathlon events which any new owner could continue with should they wish.

The puck is a 1976 model that has been converted into a catering van. The interior has been clad in aluminium sheet, stainless steel work surfaces have been installed and the pop top canvas has been replaced with detachable fly screen and PVC for easy cleaning. Also Fixed in the van are 2 sinks, running hot and cold water, a 600mm LPG griddle and LED lighting. The van has been inspected and received the top hygiene rating of 5. The gas safety certificate was issued at the end of July and valid for 12 months from that date. A large amount of equipment, which is everything you need to continue the business, is also included and listed below.

I am happy to discuss the finances with interested parties, the van has returned a healthy profit at all the events we have attended and offers excellent potential for expansion into other areas such as Weddings, country shows etc. We currently have 3 more events to attend this year and would welcome anyone to visit us at these to see the setup in action. The next event is SkegVegas on the 15th-17th August at Revesby Lincolnshire.

Pictures of the setup at a recent event are below along with pictures of the food we serve.

Asking for £9500

Equipment

Roller Grill Griddle PSR 600G
Lincat 2 pot Bain Marie LBMW
Propex 10L water heater
2 burner hob
2 sinks
Burco Deluxe 20L boiler (3 months old)
4 X 25L water butts
2 X 10L water butts
2 X 23L waste water
2 Whale water pumps
2KVA Cage generator
1 X 19KG propane cylinder
1 X 13KG propane cylinder
6Ft Folding Table
Sun canopy
Awning (blue)
Gazebo 2.5M x 2.5M
A frame board
Large Blackboard + pens
Various Cooking Utensils
2 X Olympia 5L Airpot
4.5L Kettle
Aprons
Digital Food Themometer
Money belt
2 X Coleman Xtreme 100QT Cooler
2 X Coleman Xtreme 50QT Cooler
1 X Coleman Xtreme 36QT Cooler
Chopping boards
Electric hookup RCD
Website & Social media accounts
Storage Tubs
Remaining stock and consumables

IMG_20140803_084900_zpshdqlxoeq.jpg

IMG_20140803_085232_zpsyuvfa5qz.jpg

IMG_20140803_084931_zpsie5l8nff.jpg

IMG_20140627_215720_zpsy9tluq6u.jpg

IMG_20140627_215800_zpsrhgaagii.jpg

Breakfast Wrap:
IMG-20130828-WA0000_zps9db72f06.jpg

Burger:
IMG-20130827-WA0004_zps8fec2e7d.jpg

Pulled Pork:
IMG_20130721_151221_zpsdc749eca.jpg

Quick weekend bump for this. We'll be attending SkegVegas next weekend so the perfect opportunity for a look round! :)

Well I've had a request for some more pictures so I thought I would upload them here as well, interior shots and some of the equipment:

IMG_20140811_181909_zpsldynihql.jpg

IMG_20140811_181936_zpslfbwztln.jpg

IMG_20140811_181944_zpsobjtjna7.jpg

IMG_20140811_182938_zpsrl5scznf.jpg

IMG_20140811_182509_zpsjk1uax8v.jpg

IMG_20140811_182100_zpsxqlptqjw.jpg

All the equipment was bought new with the exception of the hob and sink, these are from the original puck. The Burco was bought in April this year and has been used 3 times so far, the rest of the equipment has only had 7 or 8 uses so is as good as new.

We are at SkegVegas this weekend so it's the perfect opportunity to see the setup in action! If you are interested and want the grand tour then just say hello :D

Well I can finally post about our reasons for selling the business now. Hannah and I are expecting our first child so wont have the time to dedicate to the business next year. Still sad to be selling it, especially after having an excellent weekend at SkegVegas!

67westy said:
Well I can finally post about our reasons for selling the business now. Hannah and I are expecting our first child so wont have the time to dedicate to the business next year. Still sad to be selling it, especially after having an excellent weekend at SkegVegas!
Congrats Adam and Co. Fabulous news! you must both be feeling ecstatic right now!? Well done! :cool:

Thanks everyone, we are obviously over the moon and really looking forward to the new arrival :mrgreen:

Marriedblonde said:
Congratulations but I think you need to think about keeping the business for another year, get a helper and have a few weekends away from the crying and dirty nappies :)

We have given serious thought to keeping it, there would be a few things we could do but I don't think we can give it the attention it now deserves and it would be a shame for the hard work to go to waste for a year or two. There may also be a new venture in the pipeline for later in the year :msn4:

68_early_bay said:
Congratulations guys 8) and it was definately a good skeg Vegas the food was amazing :party0021: 8) l

Glad you enjoyed the food mate :D it went down better than we expected and we sold out early!

Many congrats bud!!! :D
Speaking a new(ish) Dad myself I'd say
Keep the business, you'll need all the extra ££s you can get!!!! :lol:

Lee C said:
Many congrats bud!!! :D
Speaking a new(ish) Dad myself I'd say
Keep the business, you'll need all the extra ££s you can get!!!! :lol:

:lol: you're not the first person to warn me of impending poverty!

Quick bump ready for the weekend :) We are at field of dreams in york in a couple of weeks time so it will be the ideal opportunity to see the setup in action.

Hi guys,

I don't come on here much as I am mainly on the late bay forum.

BUT it is me and my wife who have agreed to buy The Poptop Kitchen.

We will be doing the same food and shows though do never fear excellent food will still be a available.

Cheers

Matt & Kerry

Great news Adam, Hannah, Matt and Kerry. You have some very high standards you need to keep up. Good luck with it all.

Chris

Latest posts