Building from scratch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baxtermt

Reaction score
Hey folks

So after, like most of us, I've spent thousands on my van my wife asked would it be possible to build a van from scratch, buying all new items, like panels, engine, gearbox, the whole lot!

I said I thought it would be possible and I thought it might have been done by a company somewhere.
I know this really isn't practical but I thought it might be an interesting topic

So does anyone have any thoughts on this?

People do it regularly with splits. No idea about bays. Maybe rust free import?

At the moment I would say no to building from scratch using all new parts because I just don`t think the body panels are there. Also, some of the crap that is called new parts now days I doubt if I would want to drive around in. Roof panels, chassis, glass, side window panels or panel panels,sliding doors panel or otherwise, bumpers etc etc ,no just too much missing off the list you`d need

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, New motors are the worstest ever

I totally agree with Ossie.

Maybe some more body panels will be produced by someone like Klassicfab if Bay prices reach a level that makes it economical but unfortunately a lot of replacement parts are produced to the lowest cost so if you did have one it'd always be in the garage having something fixed (again).

Early bays are the new splits. I guess we will see a lot more EB parts reproduced in next few years.

Latest posts