Any Cruise or Drives planned??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was trying to get some brakes on the van for Friday for fireworks display on Friday at 6 at Weston Super Mare but have decided not to bother as it means leaving Bristol in full rush hour traffic and peeps having to finish work early to do it. Shame they changed it from a Saturday. But that’s still an option possibly.
Christmas styled cruise has been making noises over here , something to do with VDubb Family I think, not sure when.
Not heard of anything else yet apart from Sloff swap meet but they keep changing the months around, it’s now near the end of this month :unsure:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,anything else South West???:)

Was trying to get some brakes on the van for Friday for fireworks display on Friday at 6 at Weston Super Mare but have decided not to bother as it means leaving Bristol in full rush hour traffic and peeps having to finish work early to do it. Shame they changed it from a Saturday. But that’s still an option possibly.
Christmas styled cruise has been making noises over here , something to do with VDubb Family I think, not sure when.
Not heard of anything else yet apart from Sloff swap meet but they keep changing the months around, it’s now near the end of this month :unsure:

I just messaged Steve Wright who runs the VW family and details for his Christmas on the screen shot but you can find him on FB page.

Attachments

• IMG_6248.png
    IMG_6248.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 0

Ozzie, did you find what causing the brake fluid drop from system on your bus ?

Cheers Gabs

Ozzie, did you find what causing the brake fluid drop from system on your bus ?

Cheers Gabs
I think so. There seems to be multiple issues that have compounded in order to make it a proper cluster muck. Firstly one of the brake light switches has decided to take a bit of a leak which is where I’ve lost a bit of fluid. Gaz mentioned it to me fairly recently and I just said yeah, yeah yeah yeah, and yeah. The plan was to replace both ATE switches with the same but I had a few issues sourcing them so I’ll still keep my eyes open for ATE switches but I’ve sourced some Mahl for the time being. I’ve also gone for the heritage rebuild kit as the slave cylinder dust covers have seen better days and I’ll try it out as it includes shoes, slaves, retainers, springs and wheel bearings and I’m fairly sure my wheel bearings are original. The bit that I reckoned ‘popped’ when I came out of the lane when it all went Pete Tong is a weirdo rubbery sleeve that’s almost disintegrated and it’s almost like an adapter where the remote feed pipe pushes on to the master cylinder, like a reducer made of what was once rubber. It also has a very unusual clip made of hard plastic with a self tappers through it, not sure if it’s stock because I can’t seem to find it anywhere or the rubber reducer. There’s one for the other end of the pipe where it connects to the remote which is different. I’ll get some pics later. Think I’ll just try and get it it sound and leak free firstly then worry about new shoes and bearings etc fitting later on in the down season.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,don’t matter I’m not driving him but I like to be sure that I can :)

You can get the low pressure reservoir hose, rubber inserts and clamps from the usual suppliers.
I’ve just bought some for the deluxe.

I’m not sure that hose “popped” as it’s not under any pressure, the fluid is gravity fed from the top reservoir to the master cylinder.

I think so. There seems to be multiple issues that have compounded in order to make it a proper cluster muck. Firstly one of the brake light switches has decided to take a bit of a leak which is where I’ve lost a bit of fluid. Gaz mentioned it to me fairly recently and I just said yeah, yeah yeah yeah, and yeah. The plan was to replace both ATE switches with the same but I had a few issues sourcing them so I’ll still keep my eyes open for ATE switches but I’ve sourced some Mahl for the time being. I’ve also gone for the heritage rebuild kit as the slave cylinder dust covers have seen better days and I’ll try it out as it includes shoes, slaves, retainers, springs and wheel bearings and I’m fairly sure my wheel bearings are original. The bit that I reckoned ‘popped’ when I came out of the lane when it all went Pete Tong is a weirdo rubbery sleeve that’s almost disintegrated and it’s almost like an adapter where the remote feed pipe pushes on to the master cylinder, like a reducer made of what was once rubber. It also has a very unusual clip made of hard plastic with a self tappers through it, not sure if it’s stock because I can’t seem to find it anywhere or the rubber reducer. There’s one for the other end of the pipe where it connects to the remote which is different. I’ll get some pics later. Think I’ll just try and get it it sound and leak free firstly then worry about new shoes and bearings etc fitting later on in the down season.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,don’t matter I’m not driving him but I like to be sure that I can :)
Mines waxed and covered now Ozzie so she be hibernating until new year now. with a start up once a month. Got some fresh oil to top up as she was low when we went camping.
Hope yours is sorted soon and hopefully we catch up for the swap meet with a few others like Justin and Andy. Maybe Joey may come as well.

You can get the low pressure reservoir hose, rubber inserts and clamps from the usual suppliers.
I’ve just bought some for the deluxe.

I’m not sure that hose “popped” as it’s not under any pressure, the fluid is gravity fed from the top reservoir to the master cylinder.
Yeah, get that Wig. It was more a feeling as the peddle just dropped ninety per cent down and wouldn’t pump either, so lack of fluid probably from that point down into the master. As I pulled it pieces when I found that insert all mushed, that was roughly where the fluid level was and the rest drained when I took the switches out. I’ve popped them back in by a thread or so to stop any wandering alligators getting stuck in here. Heritage will be here after lunch apparently, so we’ll see how I get on. Still haven’t got that reducer, any one got an idea where to go? Heritage don’t list it, lime bug dont list it JK don’t list it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,maybe easier to ring up. :)

@ozziedog try Schofields, don't forget to type "earlybay" into the discount code section.

https://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/cat_524030-Braking-System-Parts.html
Master cylinder to reservoir link pipe boot p/n 211-611-833C
Brake reservoir link pipe clamp p/n 211-611-403
Brilliant , cheers Wig. That’s exactly where I ordered them from in the end. Turns out that by typing in tooooo much of a description, I wasn’t finding them. I also ordered one from JK on the off chance because it didn’t sound like exactly what I was after but it’s turned up and it’s fine. Noticed that the new switches have thread lock already fitted to the thread in some sort of tape, brilliant, I like it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, having a very expensive month or two :)

Brilliant , cheers Wig. That’s exactly where I ordered them from in the end. Turns out that by typing in tooooo much of a description, I wasn’t finding them. I also ordered one from JK on the off chance because it didn’t sound like exactly what I was after but it’s turned up and it’s fine. Noticed that the new switches have thread lock already fitted to the thread in some sort of tape, brilliant, I like it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, having a very expensive month or two :)
Has anyone answered the question and purpose of this thread ??

we could all meet up for lunch at some point as a get-together, this would please Scottie too i'd say ;)
We used to do the just before Chrimbo burger and American diner meetup once upon a time and that was a long drive away but good fun.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, any American diners sort of middleish? :)

If there was something that I could get to easily enough from York I’d be up for a Christmas something, there’d be at least a couple of EBs from here that would come.

So, who knows anybody or anything in the ‘middle ish’ that might lend itself to this sort of extravaganza? American Diner type place would be favourite but dosent have to be. A car park is an almost ’MustHave’ Are pubs busy on a Sunday lunchtime now days? I can imagine shopping areas being a bit space sensitive because of the impending festive season. Maybe try and define ‘Middleish’ a bit too. Are we talking Swindon to Lutterworth?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,ideas gang ideas please :)

We used to do the just before Chrimbo burger and American diner meetup once upon a time and that was a long drive away but good fun.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, any American diners sort of middleish? :)

So, who knows anybody or anything in the ‘middle ish’ that might lend itself to this sort of extravaganza? American Diner type place would be favourite but dosent have to be. A car park is an almost ’MustHave’ Are pubs busy on a Sunday lunchtime now days? I can imagine shopping areas being a bit space sensitive because of the impending festive season. Maybe try and define ‘Middleish’ a bit too. Are we talking Swindon to Lutterworth?

I guess middleish depends where the outer edges are, where is everyone from that’s likely to come? How far north, south, east and west will people travel from? I’ll definitely try and make it down ☺️🤙🏼 would be great to have a Christmas catch up.

Lutterworth area does look pretty middle of England doesn’t it.

Latest posts