Another white westy - Busted again!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
radish said:
Headlights fitted with side lights, These fit perfectly. All i had to do was drill a hole for the wire to come through, piece of cake.

Nice. fit just like i said they would, and not needing major surgery.

Having seen it in the flesh yesterday, I can say it is looking well good and the stance in spot on :)

Quick up date, the last 2 month have been a nightmare what with having an extension built and trying to finish this bloody bus.
I thought i was ready for an MOT then had more issues with the electrics, then thought it was ready again and the gearbox was knackered.I have now swapped the gearbox but whilst i was under there i noticed a nice pool of brake fluid on one of the rear wheels. So i have now had to replace the rear wheels cylinders and the shoes!!!
Everything underneath is new or rebuilt, its just the steering box and i now have a problem with the steering!!
This has been a right bastard of a bus and i have done it almost all on my own which is killing me, but one day soon it will be done.

Nice work Darius , Looks like a nice solid bus , When will it be MOTd and registered ?

Analog said:
have you had anyone look under or turn the steering wheel while you see what's going on underneath?

No mate, my mum's skills are limited to pumping the brakes when bleeding and turning the key when i need to start it.
I haven't had a chance as everything else has broke.

Them's some very neat notches...
5819034125_d9b9dfae4e.jpg

... 8) 8)

moler said:
Them's some very neat notches...
5819034125_d9b9dfae4e.jpg

... 8) 8)

Thanks i have had a set of hole cutters for years and they came in very handy for this job, i did buy the cheapest drill from b&q just in case i burnt mine out and yes this one burnt out from cutting 2 holes. Got my money back though.

Cheers Steve i'll let you know, i do most of the work in the evenings though. Gotta have some family time at the weekends.

Another update i did do the work ages ago but forgot the flickr password.

Striped the floor and had to weld to small patches, then treat, prime and paint. Even got abit of child labour going.

Change the gearbox and painted it before i fitted

Found the brakes leaked when i changed the box. This is from driving up and down the road about 5 times about 600m!

I did manage to drive it again last night and its nearly there. Thrust bearing is making a noise and the steering isn't right, but not long now. :)

Just read through your thread :)

Great Bus!! big fan of all the detailing, might be taking longer than you thought to get registered but it always does. Is your steering box the problem? if it's a bit worn you can always drain the oil put a grease nipple in the filler hole and fill it with grease, it makes a big diffferance.

Just dont fill it up to the horn push like I did the first time, hit the horn and splatted grease all over the cab :lol:

Haven't done too much as i'm busy on the house, but here's a few photos.

I got the boy to take control of the varnishing 1st thing in the morning, still in his pj's

Fitted and the carpet is this from ikea, its a £25 rug that is near perfect fit. Its about a foot too long but it needs trimming and a silver strip putting down by the door. Bound edges too. :D

nolina said:
Why does the business diner partition white westy? The boy defends a solid spigot. White westy infers each requested map. White westy reflects against the sworn secret. Should Another rebuild the smashed toy? Past white westy offends Another .

What he said :lol:

Latest posts