71 Sunlander - must be the best surviving ..!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim B said:
That radio looks fantastic. Where can I get one like that ? Ive never been happy with the unit in my van but I cant be without the sounds.

You can get them regularly on Fleabay, but be prepared to dig deep, they sell for at least £60-100.

Great I will keep a look out. It seems you have to dig deep for every thing thats half decent theses days :(

Tim B said:
That radio looks fantastic. Where can I get one like that ? Ive never been happy with the unit in my van but I cant be without the sounds.
try [email protected], he sells on ebay, plus for interconnects http://www.koenigs-klassik.de
not cheap as you say but am glad I forked out for it
just need the earlybay tick tock clock now.......
good luck

http://koenigs-classic.de.dd12414.kasserver.com/shop/show_product.php?cPath=55_65&products_id=246

(220 euro) £160ish, certainly not cheap, but bloody beautiful!

BlaVW1aa.jpg

I had my ipod hooked up to my radio till someone nicked it, but one thing that was cool the docks you get with them, fit perfect in to the ash try and if you drill a whole on the back you can plug the audio cable in to it, there fore hiding all the cables :D just a little tip :D

Ya, the early devon bays all had either the metal badge like yours or the sticker on later models like my 71. Later devons had a larger sticker on the side window or at the side of the tail gate showing a Beaver running. Just ordered my new radio, cant wait :lol: Thanks for the link Johnny. :D
006.jpg

Tim B said:
Thanks Guys. Shes totaly 100% original and untouched. Still in factory paint.
Tim :lol:

Hi tim . I've just joined and the pics of your van have blown me away . I too have a 71 sunlander with original paint and interior . I have used her for 8 yrs and been to MANY shows but i have never seen another one in the errrrrr metal ? Cant believe how mint yours is ! Its great to see another survivor .

Can you tell me a bit more about yours. I am trying to find out how many sunlanders are out there that still have their original interiors. Yours now puts the total up to 5. I would love to see some picks. Maybe you could post some. I was at van fest this year, it was the first show I have been to and loved it . I will be going again next year. :lol: :lol:

Hi there I own a 1971 Devon Sunlander although it is not %100 complete . I have the two arm chairs , the Devon sticker is on the dash board just under where the radio is . I have the double door overhead locker at the back and the cupboard at the back of the van on the drivers side . I don't have the sliding draw's that can be accessed from inside the van or when the tailgate is open . I have had to have the pop top renewed because it was leaking . It is super cool to find out about other Sunlander owners because this conversion is quite rare .

Nice to see another Sunlander has come to light :)

They are indeed rare and I think it may well be worth your while replicating the missing parts of yours.

Tims van is stunning - I have never seen a better original one, in fact it looks like it just drove out of the brochure.

Tim B said:
The reversing lights were fitted by vw as an extra when the van was new. I have only seen one other with them on.

ps. Yes those reversing lights were indeed fitted by VW at the time. :)

Latest posts