71 Sierra Yellow, OG paint refresh

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like another future camper in the making. you might as well keep the rear seats then. i'm not big in to yellow anything but that is a killer bus by the way. i have been watching you put it back together you will be hard pressed to find another one that nice again they are starting to get far and few between now.

smokehouse said:
looks like another future camper in the making. you might as well keep the rear seats then. i'm not big in to yellow anything but that is a killer bus by the way. i have been watching you put it back together you will be hard pressed to find another one that nice again they are starting to get far and few between now.

Roger that! Good clean busses are exponentially getting harder to find year after year. You (smokehouse) obviously know that from being from this side of the pond. I remember searching back when I was looking for my westy and there was alot to chose from now just finding a dry bus that isn't already wrecked or rotted out is getting harder to find. Alot of the busses I see being sold are actually scrapped busses from wrecking yards.

Funny you mention the yellow, I am not a big fan of most yellows either but I have always liked Sierra Yellow. Its such a wild color from VW, it just about looks Cal Look. I looked for years to find the right bus in this color.

Although not something I would do to it I do have an earlybay Westy camper interior that I could work into the deal. I like the microbus by day to full width Z-Bed for shows, swaps and camping at night. Best of both worlds.

I realize there is busses listed cheaper out there but nothing solid, straight, detailed with REAL parts. People that are educated on the difference in price of real 901 Porsche alloys and cheap MSW copies will understand just the start of the costs to build a OG bus properly. As Gene Berg always said "Buy the best and cry once" :lol:

I don't want to sell to this bus, its a space issue and with three Deluxe busses one has to go.

How much do you have it for sale at?

It's an absolutely amazing bus, everything has been done right and it looks amazing. I'd run it as it is and have the biggest smile! As it goes, I have a US import sierra yellow deluxe that's pretty much worse than what you started with - need to deal with that before I start thinking about buying another!

squareweave said:
smokehouse said:

Roger that! Good clean busses are exponentially getting harder to find year after year. You (smokehouse) obviously know that from being from this side of the pond. I remember searching back when I was looking for my westy and there was alot to chose from now just finding a dry bus that isn't already wrecked or rotted out is getting harder to find. Alot of the busses I see being sold are actually scrapped busses from wrecking yards.

Funny you mention the yellow, I am not a big fan of most yellows either but I have always liked Sierra Yellow. Its such a wild color from VW, it just about looks Cal Look. I looked for years to find the right bus in this color.

Although not something I would do to it I do have an earlybay Westy camper interior that I could work into the deal. I like the microbus by day to full width Z-Bed for shows, swaps and camping at night. Best of both worlds.

I realize there is busses listed cheaper out there but nothing solid, straight, detailed with REAL parts. People that are educated on the difference in price of real 901 Porsche alloys and cheap MSW copies will understand just the start of the costs to build a OG bus properly. As Gene Berg always said "Buy the best and cry once" :lol:

I don't want to sell to this bus, its a space issue and with three Deluxe busses one has to go.

well i wish you lived closer to me and you could just leave it in my garage then you wouldn't have to sell it lol. i would hate to sell something that kool just because of space. if you are welling to sell this one the other buses must be amazing then.

Well it's official, the 71 is now sold. :( This was one of the last trips to the beach in the 71 last fall. The "big man" always loves cruising home in the middle seat after a swim in the ocean.

Someone is getting a great bus, loads of people will say your mad etc but let's face it, the fun is in the building not just driving !

*Sam* said:
Someone is getting a great bus, loads of people will say your mad etc but let's face it, the fun is in the building not just driving !

I really didn't want to sell this bus!! Its was my only lowered vehicle but having three bay (two of which are deluxe's) one had to go. The beige bus is a keeper so I had to decide to let go this one. I got a few small outing in it drove it around town which made it worth it but i'll be sad to see it leave :(

Lee C said:
What's next then??? :lol:

Next up will be the orig paint 70 tintop westy . I've had it since 2008 but I've never driven it since driving it home from California. I've booked my holidays this year around having it done so the pressure is on!!

Sorry to see this one go buddy :( but very much enjoyed reading your thread :D . Is the new owner on EB :?:

And please, please, please let us all know what your new thread will be/ called. 8)

Buss69 said:
Sorry to see this one go buddy :( but very much enjoyed reading your thread :D . Is the new owner on EB :?:

And please, please, please let us all know what your new thread will be/ called. 8)

I believe the new owner lurks on here, but I'll respect his privacy and let him chime in if he wants. The new project will have an emphasis on keeping it as original as possible. It should be tidy but being a camper I want to be able to go down a gravel road without sweating it. I've been collecting parts for close to 8 years for it am stoked to finally get it on the road.

Here is the link:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well I thought I would button up this thread. Yesterday the bus was picked up to start its journey to its new owner. VERY sad to see it go. I know I'll kick myself for selling this one but with too many vehicles one had to go. I lifted the front end a few spines for the trip to help with loading and unloading. It was raining lightly as it was picked up and the sun broke out just after it left. The first moisture its seen since I built it aside from a few washes.

THE END

Latest posts