69 delta green westfalia restoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the coms fellas. Nice to know people will still acknowledge me even after my crime :)

welcome to the convert crew mate ;) it looks great fitted.

these buses are built to be used and if fitting a pop makes it suit your family better then it is the best for your bus as it will get more use.

i used the front cab area off the donor bus as a template and have stashed it at the back of my workshop should anyone ever take this kind of swap on again.

andewilson said:
these buses are built to be used and if fitting a pop makes it suit your family better then it is the best for your bus as it will get more use.

Cheers for that, I couldn't agree more.
I don't know if you noticed any similarities in the way I did it, but your thread totally inspired me to do it the way I did. Fortunately for me my cross members were still intact.

Cheers for coms Just.

About time you updated this, how long has the poptop actually been fitted ;) ;)
Looking good mate and happy to say you have bigger dogs danglies than me :lol:

froggy said:
happy to say you have bigger dogs danglies than me :lol:

Don't know fella. You sold your pride and joy, takes alot of balls to do that, especially knowing what you put into it.

leon said:
andewilson said:

Cheers for that, I couldn't agree more.
I don't know if you noticed any similarities in the way I did it, but your thread totally inspired me to do it the way I did. Fortunately for me my cross members were still intact.

Cheers for coms Just.

i think it is the best way to do it. you could have simply cut a hole and made a frame but this way gives better strength, and looks original, as vw intended. i think it was the rag top beetle roof swap in volksworld that inspired me to go for it though he did it with a spot welder which i dont have. I am soo pleased i did as the existing hole was huge!!!!! and rusty. :)

Good job well done Leon,

I love the colour, I think you should never paint it................................ever, ever, ever :D

Glad you finally 'came out' mate :lol:
You've been super busy, it looks sweet. There will be 2 amazing Westy's in Le Landes this summer 8)

Great work done there.You gotta make the bus work for you and not worry what people may or may not think.It looks real good now. :D

Cheers again for coms.

windsurfer said:
You've been super busy, it looks sweet. There will be 2 amazing Westy's in Le Landes this summer 8)

Might bump into you :)

Here's a pic with all the rubbers on the roof. Really tidies it up.

DSC01434.jpg

leon said:
Cheers again for coms.

windsurfer said:

DSC01434.jpg

Looks sweet mate, just needs lowering ;)

windsurfer said:
leon said:
Cheers again for coms.

windsurfer said:

DSC01434.jpg

Looks sweet mate, just needs lowering ;)

I have to agree with Flat cap boy :lol: Lower me thinks!

Looks sweet mate, just needs lowering ;)[/quote]

I have to agree with Flat cap boy :lol: Lower me thinks![/quote]

Sorry that I can't compete with Welsh fashion :mrgreen: I wouldn't stoop so low :oops:

Latest posts