205/60/R15 tyres on the back of my bay...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aircooler

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Don't know if a 205/60/R15 will fit under the fender of my 72 baywindow. Did anybody has some experience with such big tyres on the back of a bay?
Thanks for your support!
Regards
Reto

I think Alex on here is running 205's on his, I think the trick is to get the offset just right. Also check out the stance thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not the same wheel size, but the width is the same and mine have a higher sidewall. I have 205/70/R14 on stock steelies and there's lots of clearance with one notch down in the rear ... so yours should fit if your wheel offset provides clearance from suspension and wheel arch.

I am currently running 225s on my stock rims, well stock with a 1 inch band.
I ran them on stock width steels too with no issues at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Its all about the offset of your rims,

I was running 195/65/15 on a set of brm's I had, then got a set of rear wheels with better offset, and now run 205/70/15's.

Yep. offsets the key ingredient. I tried 205 70 15's on my bay wth MWS Gas Burners (same offset as all other 112x5's) but no way! 195 70's just. However, Porsche patten Gas Burners from Heritage or Java would work no problem cos they have a much better offset.

Thanks for all your replies! I've a set of repro fuchs on my baywindow. They're 5,5x15" ET20. Will probably look for an old tyre and then test on the bus.
Best regards
Reto

Latest posts