• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 westy for sale.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKER

Reaction score
Possibly thinking of selling my 70 westy with all original paint except front panel,which was painted as it had a spare wheel carrier and was scabby.The only weld is on the battery tray.I personally imported from California and all work has been done by professionals.It has 356 (mangels) brand new not chinese copies with 145 fronts and 185 rears all brand new,porsche dimple hubcaps.Narrowed ,adjustable beam,wagonwest drop spindles,ride is very good,adjustable rear springplates.Porsche 944 front brakes,rears are still drums but with new shoes and hoses.Interior has been retrimmed and sports full width rnr bed,2 drop down buddy seats,re-upholstered front seats and all new foam.Engine is an 1835cc originally by big boyz toys but rebuilt and still running in from GAC in Aylesbury (Formula v Racing) well known for vw engines,twin 36 cards with empi manifolds,remote oil cooler,deep sump,new gearbox,kennedy clutch,vw speedshop stainless exhaust.The jobs left outstanding are to paint poptop and although sporting original canvas,i have another to replace it with.The van is a superb original condition van,with nice patina,all window rubbers and door rubbers are new,i am selling as i am in the middle of importing 2 american muscle cars and cannot keep everything,this is ready to run in and go anywhere.I cannot add pics but if anyone wants anymore info or pics please send me your email address and i will send.I am looking for sensible offers of around £16000 for this,i may take something cheaper in px,why????
Thank you p.s. the stripes are originals and have not been re-applied.

I did most of the work on this van for Mick. He has chucked a fair bit of cash it it so you don't have to.

Front brakes are N/A not turbo as listed & have adaptors to wide 5. rear tyres are 185/65x15.

The gearbox is a recon/Hybrid T25 2.0L DK with standard shift rod. This alone is not a cheap job.
Cylinder heads were flowed by GAC which is what they are known for. Carbs are my own Dellorto's as we had problems with the Webers. The stainless exhaust was brand new from Speedshop.

The inside is a work of art, the Land rover flip down buddy seats are great. There is a lovely wood rim steering wheel & a monster tach too.

The outside paintwork has been anchor waxed with the windows out. All new rubbers & seals fitted.
Engine bay was repainted before the new engine went in.

bay1.jpg

bay2.jpg

bay4.jpg

bay3.jpg

bay7.jpg

bay6.jpg

bay5.jpg

The trim was done by Dave King & is just awesome!

I am sure there is loads we have forgotten too...

Thanks Pete for adding pics and information,the van also sports a towbar,as yet unused. Thanks

Forgot to mention,this has a tracker fitted along with a quality alarm and 2 point immobiliser,would take another vehicle in px possibly,why??? my sons are both looking for cars. Thank You.

No one looking for a sorted van or have a p/ex to offer.????????

Thank you Clyde,the stripes always draw comments,a lot of people think they are newly applied,this van is seriously original and ultra solid.

No one interested in a sorted van with fine tuning to your own taste???
Things seem mighty slow on the van front.!!!!!!!
Will take a golf g60 or rallye p/ex !!!

Just to echo Mike's and Pete's comments, this is a 100% solid van, its without doubt one of the best I have ever worked on. You will not appreciate whats been done and how its been done and the overall look of the vehicle in these pictures. They really dont do it justice.

I dont have a vested interest in this vehicle, other than I carried out the retrim. The van speaks for itself. What appeals to me most is that, this isn't a clone/copy/same as etc etc this really does stand out from the crowd.

Mike after all the hard work and positive comments, you sure you still want to sell it?

All the best Dave

Dave,thank you for your comments,i promise to give you that tenner now!!!

Anyone looking for a re-trim,contact D King in Frimley,He is a top bloke and trims as you want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears things are mighty slow everywhere,there are some quality vans for sale and someone in the market for one sure has a nice choice.Show season starts soon maybe that will get the sales ball rolling.!!!!!

Weather is changing,buses are coming out to play,i have seen 3 in the last week.I cannot believe that nobody is interested in an original paint van,with only personal touches required,maybe everyone likes to do a bit of welding then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still for Sale,would consider something cheaper p/x notchback or ghia. Thank You

Not for Sale anymore,used it at the weekend,WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

What was it YOU wrote in my for sale thread again...

"...Wise move ,keeping it,it is a very nice van.You would probably regret immediately.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."

Good move mate, you would have regretted it I am sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts