• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 RHD Westy for sale - NEW PRICE £8000 NO OFFERS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Reaction score
Well after much deliberation i’ve decided to try and sell the van, i don’t think i’ll ever get the time (or money) to complete the van having barely had time to use it this year.

The Van is a RHD 1969 Westy built in Germany but shipped out to Africa where is spent roughly 5 years before being imported to the UK in 1974 where it has spent most of its time on the South Coast around the Devon area. I have a folder full of receipts dating right back to its days in Africa and a receipt for nearly £3000 for repairs carried out in 2003.

The bus is in reasonable condition, its not concours but its by no means a rat!

The majority of the van is solid and is really only let down by the rear of the roof and the gutters (i have all the parts to carry out the repairs and will include these with the sale but as said doubt i’ll ever get the time to complete them). There are 1 or 2 other little spots around the body work that needs tidying up but again i have the parts to do the repairs and will also include them in the sale.

The interior is complete with the childs cot that goes over the front seats, a double roof bed (westy continental copy made to fit the early bays roof space), a ¾ rock and roll bed, the original sink (although no tap or water container). The bus also benefits from a 240v hook up protected by an RCD and feeds a double socket and a Zig unit which in turn supplies 2 12V sockets and when on site and hooked up supplies the power to charge the leisure battery (also fitted)

The van still runs wide 5 drum set up all round and the standard 14” steel rims with 185x14 commercial rated tyres

The engine is a recently rebuilt 1600 single port engine (new main, cam and big end bearings) an uprated camshaft, an original solex 30 pict 2 carb (refurb’ed) and benefits from a stainless steel exhaust and J tubes.

The underneath all appears to be solid and is fitted with belly pans.

Its Tax’ed and MOT’ed until April 2012 and is ready to go. Use it for whats left of the show season and complete the few jobs over the winter, with a little TLC this will be a stunning van and being RHD its considered to be quiet a rare model. It is currently insured with a £12K valuation that was independently valued and was accepted by my insurance company (Sureterm)

As far as a price i’m looking for somewhere in the region of £11500 but i open to serious offers although i’m not prepared to give it away for nothing.

The bus is in Surrey (KT15) and is available for viewing on appointment (i work shifts)

So to summarise i’m selling a 1969 Tax Exempt Right hand drive Earlybay Westfalia, T&T until April 2012.
If anyone requires and more information or some more pictures please don’t hesitate to contact me via PM or email me.

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0067.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0063-1.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

DSC04514.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04501.jpg

That's a nice bus!

Unfortunately the missus won't let me have two!

:(

If that was on the market when we were looking for a bus - you'd be nursing a stump where your arm used to be!!!

Bears Dad said:
That's a nice bus!

Unfortunately the missus won't let me have two!

:(

If that was on the market when we were looking for a bus - you'd be nursing a stump where your arm used to be!!!
Cheers 8)

It is a real shame to see this up for sale, you couldn't meet a nicer family.

I fitted the double roof bed to this bus recently and with a bit of tidying up, as Si has mentioned, you would have an amazing RHD Westy.

Good luck with the sale.

Jon

faux said:
It is a real shame to see this up for sale, you couldn't meet a nicer family.

I fitted the double roof bed to this bus recently and with a bit of tidying up, as Si has mentioned, you would have an amazing RHD Westy.

Good luck with the sale.

Jon

WHS, sorry to hear your selling. :(

Genuine RHD Westy, full interior, rebuilt engine, needing some roof work but all parts included
Any offers bufore risking Ebay?

To be honest if its still here over the winter i will do the roof work and bump the price up to suit!

So no-one intersted in a genuine RHD Westy then?
35 watchers on ebay - over 500 views, over 1100 views on here and no real interest, is there something i'm missing?

Looks like i'm keeping it and doing the work required (unless anyone wants to make a stupid offer - you never know HINT HINT HINT ;) ;) ;) )

Final price reduction before Ebay Auction
£9,995 or Very Nearest Offer (will also include a 4 man Kyham Quick erect awning at full price offer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts