1968 wiper change

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylathecamper

Reaction score
Hi I've got a 1968 bay that I'm trying to change the windscreen wipers on. I've ordered some for an early bay but then they arrived they have a different fitting they need to be bolted on but the ones which I'm replacing have a screw which tightens it to the shaft. I've called a few places and this is the only wiper available, do I have to also replace the shaft? Has anyone else had this issue? Sorry new to all this forum thing. Cheers adam

Do you have pictures of your wiper spindles? I have splashed out (£££) on some 68 wipers for my 68 but now wondering if I've got the right spindles

yeah unfortunately they are a ball ache to find, they are 1 year only and no-one sells them anymore, c and c had them a while ago but i think they are sold out as well
on top of that they are fucking shit design anyway! no wonder they changed them! ive rewelded mine twice
I beleve you can put a later mec in the dash fairly easily to change it to the better type, it depends if you wanna keep it correct...... :)

I've got a later mechanism on mine. I got my 68 wipers to fit by filing one side of the shafts flat so that the grub screw had something to catch on. They've been on for about 7 years now with no problems.

Kieft and Klok, in Holland, used to have them but are currently out of stock.

Apparently they are used up to chassisnr. 218 220 000.

However, even if they do get some more they're 106 euros each plus shipping!

JK sell the 68 spindles: http://www.justkampers.com/211-955-215-d-wiper-spindle-for-vw-t2-bay-1967-1968.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I swapped my old set for newer spindles for a while but now I've got hold of a NOS set of wiper arms I'm swapping back again

As above, repro shafts are readily available.
Some pictures below of NOS arms in this link:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts