1968 RHD Rot Box

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalltime_hillbilly

Reaction score
Finally got round to picking up my first bus! Think i may have bitten of more than i can chew since ive never even driven a bus never mind owned one, especially one this far gone.. but it was cheap so i just got it without thinking :lol: ill let the pictures do the talking.. luckily its come with a fair few panels, front end, all four arches, a rear quarter and a few other little bits.
the original seats are in perfect condition, got all the 68 door handles and locks (no key though), got all the original etched glass.. and lots of other random bits and bobs.

heres the parts im not looking forward too :cry:

picking this up in a couple of days though, so should be able to unpick some bits and sort the front end and b pillar.

and bought a rear chop for the tailgate hanger and roof section since its rotted to hell.

and the left hand rear quarter and a 68' passenger door is on its way strapped to a pallet (Y)

Your a legend for attempting it!! Subscribed.

Out of curiosity buddy, how much did the rear chop above the tailgate cost you? Need to do something similar to mine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My roof chop was almost £300 :oops: but needs doing so sod it... got her moved into the workshop today so will start getting stuff sorted friday and update (Y)

Are you sure it will be economical to get this road worthy? :msn4:

smalltime.hillbilly said:
My roof chop was almost £300 :oops: but needs doing so sod it... got her moved into the workshop today so will start getting stuff sorted friday and update (Y)
Where did you get the chop from buddy?

gninnam said:
Are you sure it will be economical to get this road worthy? :msn4:
Is anything we do with busses economical? Haha :lol:

progress is slow but made a little yesterday..

started on the front, completely removed the old front panel.. did not anticipate how long that would take :lol:

then cut away all the rot from the B pillar, including the rotten outrigger and some chassis rail, which basically led me onto removing the old outer cill, it took me a while to unpick it but i thought it looked alot better than just cutting it off, the new one should sit better..

atafonso said:
Andy_sheff said:
I'd say it's scrap'!
One man's scrap is another man's treasure 8)

Keep up the good work mate, do a thing at the time and enjoy it. Glad another one will be saved :mrgreen:
Abel

I love proving people wrong :lol: I'll drag this one from the grave ;) ;)

quick one, does anyone if we can get replacement 'D' pillars (i think there d pillars, ones that go along side the back door) or is a case of body cuts?

quick one, does anyone if we can get replacement 'D' pillars (i think there d pillars, ones that go along side the back door) or is a case of body cuts?
Only seen the side skins myself reproduced, and they would be welded to the pillar

It will have to be another cut matey.

ProjectMat said:
Only seen the side skins myself reproduced, and they would be welded to the pillar

It will have to be another cut matey.

thats distressing :lol:

Latest posts