What to stick the plastic door liners with?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moj_dub

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just got some nice PVC door liners from Newtons which I want to stick to the doors. The previous ones I cut myself and stuck on with double sided tape, but that didn't work and it leaked pretty badly.

Looks like the factory ones were glued on with something? Does anyone know what they used? Or can suggest something better?

Cheers

I used this sort of stuff.. https://www.psasolutions.uk.com/product/high-performance-gca-butyl-sealant-tape?gclid=Cj0KEQjwnKzABRDy2pb7nPSazdsBEiQAI4lZQCkp0V88PnLWlrX1lMOU0_LOfhdBvFUUJGMtWal1mOIaAlan8P8HAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's very close to what most modern cars use I believe.

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

You could use clear silicon comes in 330ml tubes, I used double sided foam tape about a centimetre wide i think they should sell it in the hardware stores.

Thanks for your input both - I used that Butyl sealant tape stuff, seems to work quite well, although the door card does sit a bit proud and isn't held in as well by the clips.

For anyone reading this and is thinking of purchasing these: http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/vw-camper-van/model-130/panels/5283-vw-t2-pvc-inner-door-liners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are cut to match the holes in the door card, so you have to tape up the holes and punch new ones if you want to stick them to the door itself like VW did. I called Newton about this and apparently they never had anyone complain. I don't see how using these liners would work by themselves just stuck to the cards.

I also used double sided to put a polythene flap on the inside of the two door cutouts to allow water to run down into the door. Hopefully this stops water ingress. Forgot to take a pic but I'm doing the opposite side tomorrow.

moj_dub said:
Thanks for your input both - I used that Butyl sealant tape stuff, seems to work quite well, although the door card does sit a bit proud and isn't held in as well by the clips.

For anyone reading this and is thinking of purchasing these: http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/vw-camper-van/model-130/panels/5283-vw-t2-pvc-inner-door-liners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are cut to match the holes in the door card, so you have to tape up the holes and punch new ones if you want to stick them to the door itself like VW did. I called Newton about this and apparently they never had anyone complain. I don't see how using these liners would work by themselves just stuck to the cards.

I also used double sided to put a polythene flap on the inside of the two door cutouts to allow water to run down into the door. Hopefully this stops water ingress. Forgot to take a pic but I'm doing the opposite side tomorrow.

Sounds like you did a nice job - and you are right, those flaps to direct the water are important

number plate tape works well too...just strong double sided foam tape ;)
But yes, tuck the bottoms into the door or water will find its way into the bus...I learnt the hard way!

Latest posts