Westfalia Interior Laminate supplier

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Boyblue

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope alls good with you.

At the Volksworld Show last weekend, there was a guy selling really good westfalia type laminate. I meant to go back and get his details but 3 year old boy was knackered and starting to kick off :roll: so didn't get the chance to go back. Does anyone know the name of the company by chance?

Any assistance is much appreciated as always.

Cheers

wasn't at Volksworld unfortunately :cry: :cry: but the supplier may have been Rackhams.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Camper-Westfalia-LHD-Birch-ply-interior-kits-/261044723257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if Morecambandwize do this as well?

You could of course make your own, by buying from a wood supplier like Lathams or others. :)

i was :shock: at the price ,this was once so cheap to buy ,i remember my old man recovering the kitchen under orders from me mum and putting new formica on the worktops :lol: still if they put VW in front of it they can treble the price

Which is why mines built out of solid oak doors and oak veneered ply much cheaper and better IMO ;)

robins said:
40 guid from a builders merchant

Really? Dont suppose you can point me in the direction of said builders merchant can you? All the laminates I've seen are a million miles away from matching the current stuff.

Trust me, I would rather not pay £200 a sheet but This is the closest stuff i've seen to matching. :roll:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated.

We can get this one at £70 a sheet 3m x1.3m
yqyzy7eq.jpg

Very close match but grain is slightly out.

Thanks Scott

http://www.morland-uk.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=cherry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The closest laminate used to be American Red Cherry from memory but it does vary from manufacturer, I saw the offering from NLA at Dubfreeze and I have to say its the closest match I've seen. Chatting to Martin & Adam they've put the time and effort (and money) in to get something that will work with the existing laminate if you only need to repair areas and not all of it.

They seem to be putting a lot of time in to reproducing a lot of the westy stuff including all the trim and hardware.
Let's hope there's enough of a market for the amount of investment.

Latest posts