• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Weber 32/36 progressive carb, manifold, manifold ends and bo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tofufi

Reaction score
As listed in the title:

First up, a Weber 32/36 Progressive carb, complete with manifold, filter, and (I think) support bracket (small brass bit pictured below).

This is a genuine Weber carb, stating it is made in SPAIN, and I reckon it would clean up very nicely, there is no real tarnishing/oxidation to the carb body. Came off a running 1600 a while ago, and it's just been sat since. Preheat pipes are clear.
As with any secondhand carb, I'd give it a clean and a rebuild kit before fitting it to an engine, but it ought to be OK as is. Rebuild kits are £15 on eBay.

Bad bits:
Air filter chrome top has a few small pits in the chrome and is missing clips to hold it together, these are available seperately cheaply, or a brand new complete filter is £25 on eBay.
Manifold pre-heat pipes seem slightly loose, but I'm sure some chemical metal or similar would sort that if it is a problem.

£120.

DSC_2170_zpsf7fb6a79.jpg

DSC_2169_zpsde3618b0.jpg

VW 1600TP manifold ends, nice clean pair, £25. Used with the above manifold, but suitable for a stock 1600TP too.

DSC_2168_zps139cd122.jpg

Pair of finned alloy bolt-on rocker covers. Missing one fixing bolt (standard M8), but the special long hex-nuts to attach it to the rockers are all present. £20 the pair.

CIMG9965.jpg

Collect from Bristol, or post at cost :)

If anyone wants just the carb, I've someone interested in the 32/36 manifold. :)

Will consider sensible offers :)

Latest posts