• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Camping stove

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sucram

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm just finishing off restoring a Devon type interior and I need a camping stove which fits in the cooker unit that fits behind the passenger seat, it’s from an early Moonraker. I've been around all the camping shops in my area and all the stoves are either to wide or just fit but the gas outlet is on the side leaving you with no space to connect the pipe. Any information on the original type make etc that was fitted by Devon or a suitable stove that fits the Devon Moonraker cooker unit would be much appreciated.

Cheers

sucram

I've dug it out of the garage and brushed the worst of the dust and cobwebs off it!!
It needs a clean (and the hob tops repainting in heatproof paint) but doesn't look too bad otherwise - the sticker on the front is present and complete but appears to have 'slipped' to one side and I'm sure could be massaged back in place. The gas pipe was cut-off so would need to be re-plumbed in. Underside needs wire-brushing.
I guess it's the size that's important to you... it's 44cm wide and 34cm deep and the front plate is 6.8cm high, also included is the stainless (I think it's stainless?) sheet that goes under it to sit the grill tray on which is 44cm wide (same as hob) and just under 38cm deep (sorry, I don't have a grill tray) - I think it would be fine with a clean and polish, what do you think?

Hob001.jpg

Hob002.jpg

Hob003.jpg

Juss

;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=140261895121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is one of mine, any good for you?

i have the original stove from a moonraker spare, also has the hood if you need it? i was thinking of selling as i just need the unit and not the stove and grill and will be breaking it up anyway. I'll be at home tonight and ill try to take some pics (if i remember, my head is like a sieve these days :oops: ) im not sure what condition its in ill have to move alot of crap to get to it, so if its raining ill have to do it a different day as i dont want all the shizzle to get wet. Forcast doesnt look good either :(

not sure whats its worth though? PM me a fair price of what you had in mind.

i think i have one aswell can deliver to vanfest will try and find a pic

sorry, no pics of mine as its been pissing down here for 3 days straight and doesnt look like much let up till next week. Id be better spending my time building a frigging Ark than fixing my Bay :p . Anyone wanna trade for a schwiminwagon? :lol:

Latest posts