Potential trip after European Bugin (Bug-in)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haveacamper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

the missus and I are planning on taking an extra two weeks off after European Bugin to go on a bit of a trip. I wen travelling without her around france a couple of years ago and i have said that i'd take her back to the places where i went. having said that, this time i will have to do it in half the time. is it possible without having to be driving all the time??
here is where we were planing at the moment.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=105195349230546566497.0004936fad9365893c105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from bugin, to the lakes of Geneva and aix les bains. then meet some of our friends currently workng near aix en provence. then onto carcassonne and saint emilion and la rochelle - ferry from saint malo. having two weeks seems a bit of a rush and i'm thinking it may be worth jsut sticking to the east of France. but then i'm thinking...if we are going south, i have to travel back north again for a ferry (missus isnt too keen on ferries).

do you guys think it will be a bit of a rush....if so do you have any places in mind for the east of france or aound the foot of the alps?

done a quick google maps of the route and these are the distances and times between the places of interest. some requires a mid stopover - which will eat into the limited days we have...
Chimay
Geneva 422 8hrs 40
Aix les bains 46 1hr 40
Lyndons 173 4hrs 45
Les staintes-mari de la mer 114 2hrs 31
Carcassone 141 3hrs 18
Saint emilion 214 5hrs 40
La Rochelle 121 3hrs 10
Saint malo 209 4hrs 40

NaFe

Its all doable, but thats quite some coverage of France going on there ...

We did the Alps (Morzine area) 'on the way home' from St Tropez once, sort of went North and then turned right. It really was a bastard long way! In two weeks its probably better to pick one area and do it thoroughly and relax. Do the Alps regiion ... its stinking hot at that time of year so will be lovely. 8)

Perfectly feasible but it will be a whistle stop tour. Good for getting a feel of the different parts of the country so you can go back to the bits you want to explore in more detail in future holidays.

We spent two weeks in Provence and the Carmargue last month and still didnt see all the interesting places. :lol:

a few years back we did a "tour" of europe going through france, belgium, germany, swizland etc ended up on the cote d'zor. fantastic weather, beautiful scenery, crazy drivers all in 2 and a half weeks.
problem was we did so much driving we saw much of the trip from the cab of the bus, if i do a trip now i take my time otherwise its a whistle stop tour and you get home exhausted.

all im saying is enjoy the trip, but take your time fella ;)

Latest posts