Post your drive away awnings?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cotswoldiver said:
Not forgetting the South African Kombi awning - something a little different
4506430850_ffbc99c129.jpg

Now I'm liking that one perfect for the summers here!!

think mines a navigator xl bought it s/hand of a mate only used it one weekend so far but
nice and big with pleanty of space ( and a retreat for my partner due to my snoring)

2012-07-27102747.jpg

2012-07-27102806.jpg

found if i put pegs in ground where my wheel centres are i can reposition my bus in same spot to hook
up awning again, prob not a new idea but i thought it good lol

and for retro military camping a 12 x 12 army tent that is definatly not a light wieght lol

2012-07-05162451.jpg

Thought to some this maybe of interest.
Taken in 1992 Trio freestanding Motor Annex, don't see these anymore superb quality but bloody heavy
& expensive, seen here with my old 79 Danbury, happy days at Croyde Bay. :D

Scan-1_zps148caad6.jpg

I use an old S.T. Harrison of Bristol awning but I don't often attach it to the bus. Probably could sleep 4 inside but there is no inner tent and it lacks headroom for those 6' and over but it is made of sturdy canvas and the colours compliment my bus.

CIMG6859.jpg

DevonLRcamper-6.jpg

Birdy late bay said:
I use an old S.T. Harrison of Bristol awning but I don't often attach it to the bus. Probably could sleep 4 inside but there is no inner tent and it lacks headroom for those 6' and over but it is made of sturdy canvas and the colours compliment my bus.

CIMG6859.jpg

DevonLRcamper-6.jpg

IM SO DESPERATE FOR A DEVON STORAGE BOX LIKE THE ABOVE ITS RIDICULOUS!

Id also love one of those drive away awnings for a Devon, would look soo good on mine, but would have to be a green one as m y bus is green :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

any one got a storage box for a Devon? hehe

A quick question for kombie zombie; where/how do you store your Oztent when you're travelling? We like the look of them but have just realised they're over 1.5m long when packed away.

It lays from the base of the rock and roll bed and in to the walk through between the front seats. It's not ideal but the advantage of it going up and packing down quickly outweigh that.
It's also bombproof!!

Cheers,
Rob

Our new Oztent RV-3....

IMG_20130329_091036_019_zps861d0301.jpg

Not cheap, not a small pack, but love it! It is about 2m long in the bag and just fits neatly down the van from seat kickboard to just by the gearstick....means it can be packed last and off-loaded first. It's also a doddle to put up and take down 8)

blogdroed said:
is it just me or does that vimeo vid start automatically every time I reach this page? :?

Not just you...when I first opened page I couldn't work out where the music was coming from until I scrolled down and saw the vid :lol:

Latest posts