PayPal gift

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIEMAN

Reaction score
Is there a way of avoiding paypal fees when paying a fellow forum member using paypal gift ?

if you gift the money then you have to pay a small fee. be careful though, if you gift them the money & they decide not to send the goods you'll have trouble getting trying to get money back.

It's never cost me money to send as a gift :msn4:

I think it's all about how you have your account is set up, if it comes directly out of you bank I don't think you get charged.

Personally, I never send as a gift and just pay the couple of quid in fees knowing that I've got protection if a seller tries to shaft me.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of unscrupulous people about these days and I've seen many a horror story on other forums - and even one on here recently by the looks of it with a couple of people buying the same set of dropped spindles??

only costs money as a gift if you are loading from a card. if it comes off your balance then no fees

I agree with six. i only worked out the other day. If you credit your account manually from your bank account - which showed up immediately for me - then you can send as a gift free of charge. it appears that the charge a result of PayPal "contacting" your bank to request the money.

Cheers, I'll have to have a go at crediting my account manually as I didn't realise you could do that.
Thanks again :D

If someone wants payment as a gift, its definitely worth paying the fees yourself if you're in any doubt whatsoever. The chances of getting shafted on here are very slim going by experience but you never know.

Latest posts