Our first van, where is she now?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sucram

Reaction score
I was looking at some old photo's and just wondering if anyone on here owns HYM 249K a blue cross over Bay with a pop top (Danbury?). This was our first van, my girl friend bought it I think in 2002, a couple of days before Vanfest (this was the first VW event we had attended and it blew our minds, we haven't been the same since :lol: ). We sold her about 18 months later to buy the 69 South African bus we have now. I see from the DVLA website that it is Taxed until 01/04/2009 which is a good sign so it must still be in use?

front.jpg

Strange one this

Just HPI'd it and the dvla details are all wrong its got the chassis on there 2122040594 but no engine number or engine size so I wonder if someone is putting something interesting in it or if its been broken up. Last keeper bought it 19/05/2007 with 10 before that. Can't find out much more about it apart from it was first registered as a van rather than a motor caravan so if its a camper its an unofficial conversion.

jjgreenwood said:
Strange one this

Just HPI'd it and the dvla details are all wrong its got the chassis on there 2122040594 but no engine number or engine size so I wonder if someone is putting something interesting in it or if its been broken up. Last keeper bought it 19/05/2007 with 10 before that. Can't find out much more about it apart from it was first registered as a van rather than a motor caravan so if its a camper its an unofficial conversion.

Amazing, how do you get access to that info?

Yes you could see that it started life as a panel van as the side windows were quite narrow ones, also the interior looked like a home made afair, but worked very well indeed. The guy who bought it from us in early 2004 was going to put a Porsche engine in it and use it for drag racing?!!! The original engine was a 1.7 with twin carbs, I think they call it a T4 engine?

Cheers

sucram

Latest posts