• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My 1969 Westfalia SO67 pop top For Sale NEW PICS ADDED!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Reaction score
I’ve owned lots of vw’s over the years, but i can honestly say that, of all of them, this is going to be hardest one to say goodbye to. I’m selling (even tho i said i never would) because i’m moving house in six weeks and have a baby on the way soon after, and need a lot of money to put into to the house to even move. Let alone funding the full renovation it needs!! So here goes........

Good bits

General and inside
1969 SO67 Westfalia Pop top in pearl white (it wears its original paint)
Walkthrough
11 Months MOT
Tax free
Front matching beige inertia 3 point seat belts
Rear beige lap belts x 3 from Wolfsburg West with chrome buckle
Full SO67 camping interior including wardrobe, ice box, buddy seat, sink, over head netting, RR Bed
Re-trimmed rock and roll bed, and all foams in the back
Mad matz flooring
New birch ply roof and all rear panels, all lacquered as it should be
Super deluxe matching black out curtains including the windscreen and all tie backs
New curtain runners (silent bliss)
Mad matz hard wearing cab carpet, and matching kick panel and door cards
56 deluxe door pulls
56 deluxe window winders
New steering wheel
Brand new indicator stalk
MJC hand brake lever
Scat drag fast shifter
Sunpro super tach 3 (looks great, works when it wants to tho!!)
Alpine MP3 cd player with full speed ipod control (may include this)
Alpine 6x9 under the dash
Stainless steel deluxe trim from Wolfsburg West CA
Rear window jail bars
New Just kampers pop top canvas
Over head bunk bed in the roof (included but not fitted)
Cabin bed over the front seats for kids or Chihuahuas
Same key fits all doors (ignition has been changed so has different key)
New door and boot rubbers
New roof rubbers pop top seals
I have the original black and yellow plates from California
Deluxe chrome front vw badge

Brakes
Complete brake system overhaul
New ATE dual circuit master cylinder
New ATE wheel cylinders all round
BF Goodridge stainless steel flexis all round
New brake shoes all round

Suspension
T2D beam adjusters fitted by T2D
Wagons West drop spindles
T2D Slam shocks up front
KYB gas-a-just shocks at the rear
Creative Engineering rear adjustable suspension plates

Wheels and tyres
15 inch empi radar copies from MWS
Yokohama tyres
165-50-15 fronts
185-65-15 rears
All 4 are brand new!!

Engine and exhaust
Original 1600cc single port engine
Good heat exchangers that actually work
New points, dizzy cap, plugs, and leads, fuel filter, braided fuel pipes
Well serviced even if it doesn’t need it, it gives me something to do!!
New twin weber 34 ICT’s
CSP low linkage (best linkage on the market)
Empi header
Phat boy exhaust modified for extra ground clearance
Half moon fan shroud
Very reliable, and never let me down
New clutch
New big battery

Bad bits
Although the same key fits all of the locks the drivers door lock actuator has snapped, so it opens and shuts but you have to lock it from the inside, its only a £7 part from custom and commercial, i’ll buy and fit this so don’t worry about it!!
The pop top x hinge on the drivers side has snapped, pop top still goes up and down not problem, and i have the part to fix this, so don’t worry about this either.
The above points are only very minor, but i just want to be honest because if you were to come round and look at it tomorrow for example, chances are i probably wouldn’t of fixed it by then!!

Summary
This is an awesome bus, and its all me and my wife have ever wanted. I am the first UK owner having imported it myself last February. It sat in the old Porsche garage in Sacremento for 20 years before my mate in the states spotted it and struck a deal for me. I have all of the import documents, and registration details for it. I have the original hand book for it too from when it was bought new at Neilos VW in Sacremento. It comes with tons of USA history together with tons of paperwork for parts to support every last thing i have ever bought for it. I have tons of pictures of it when it was in the Porsche garage when my mate first saw it, together with a hell of a lot of pictures that i took during its resto once i had it on my driveway, showing nearly all of the work i have put into this.
This van is filler free, it has never been welded and it does not need any welding. Its does have some dents, scrapes and paint fade, but it is only the patina of a 42 year old bus and nothing you wouldn’t expect of a bus wearing its original paint. Its is all very minor and i love it that way.

It really is a reluctant sale, but i need to magic up some serious money for my house move and this is the only way i can do it. In an ideal world i would like a straight cash sale, but i would be open to p/x’s on some kind of project early bay window, or a battered project splitty, might even consider a low light karmen ghia, but i would have to have at least £7.5k back in cash my way. Pretty much any of the above in any condition but no rusty monsters please, as i have to have an air cooled dub of some sort in my life.

As for the price of this, i’m am looking for £15K ono make me an offer and dont be shy. I would give anyone a warm welcome if you would like to come and take a look for yourself. I really will be upset to see this go, as this is a great van that you can get in and go anywhere in.

Sorry about the lack of quality pictures, nearly all of the pics i have for the van have got me, the mrs, or my mates in so i'll just include the ones that just have the bus in. The bottom picture looks like thre is a dent in the front of it, which it does have but no way looks as bad as it does in the picture!!

I am located in Newport Pagnell which is right next to J14 of the M1, any questions fire away.

I’m sorry i have gone on a bit, but there is a lot to say about this! Thanks for taking the time to read it all.

Cheers

Austin

RichieRandolphSadSalePics002.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics005.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics003.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics023.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics009.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics012.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics014.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics019.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics039.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics017.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics008.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics024.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics016.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics020.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics025.jpg

RichieRandolphSadSalePics029.jpg

anyone interested in coming to take a look? or making an offer, this van is perfect and ready to drive anywhere and enjoy for the summer.

any px's with cash my way?

Anyone seen this bus around ? it was my mates and we were saying the other day how we never see our old rides at a show or on a thread .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts