Lowering 71 in Suffolk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danban

Reaction score
Hi all I need to lower my 71 westy so it will fit in my garage. Can anyone advise me where to go in the suffolk area?
Regards Dan

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Probably all depends on a few factors Dan
1 how low do you want / need to go
2 how deep are your pockets
3 are you any good with spanners etc

I had mine lowered nearly ten years ago and then it cost me £2.5 k , prices have gone up a lot since then so the same job would cost more obviously
If you are good with tools your best bet would be to buy the parts and do it yourself, the nearest place that do a lowering service are type 2 detectives in Cambridge but I imagine that may cost three grand , depending on what you want doing
Hope this helps a little

I've got a workshop in Felixstowe, depending on how soon you want it done I can do it for you and I'll be cheaper than t2d. Let me know

Hi it's already lowered on adjusters on the front and turned on splines on the rear.
How would you lower it more?
I was thinking of changing the tyre size to help.
Regards Dan

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Depending on how the adjusters are set atm you could possibly go down more with them at the front but personally I’d get some dropped spindles so the ride isn’t ruined. And at the back some adjustable spring plates

Latest posts