is yours tucked up for the winter???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am temped to take mine for MOT now it's more or less together. I dunno if it's worth it as it won't get used.

Not using mine now till next year, might give it a run the odd nice winters day. My view is that as cool as they are, they are rust buckets and will give way to the tin worm at the drop of a hat and I can't see the point of letting my van get into that state after surviving for 37 years rust free. Hes all tucked up in a JK cover now :D

mine will be tucked away just as soon as i move my new bathroom suite in to its final resting place, and i fit my dropped spindles!!

although I will be using it, its insured for the year and tax free, so why the hell not!

Went and checked the Doug Bus today.

Picture576-1.jpg

It appears that whilst sleeping soundly he's 'soiled his bed'!!

Picture586.jpg

Danbury Doug said:
Went and checked the Doug Bus today.

Picture576-1.jpg

It appears that whilst sleeping soundly he's 'soiled his bed'!!

Picture586.jpg

maybe he needs to be taken for a walk more often......................

My Bro's bus is hiding at my parents house and mine is tucked up in my Garage, keeping the puck happy.....until the weekend anyway :lol: .

P021108_0952.jpg

P041108_1809.jpg

Just come back from a weekend away in Whitby with my bus, that'll be the last decent run out 'til next year.

But i'll still be getting her out from under the JK cover every weekend, just a couple of junctions down the M1 and back to keep things from siezing up.

I don't think i could go more than a couple of weeks without a run out somewhere.

IMG_0011.jpg

I use mine every day for work,at weekends we go to one of beaches or somewhere else for a nice stroll.The roads here here in Cornwall are so quiet this time of the year that its a pleasure to drive about,in fact Im beginning to like spring and autumn more than the summer when it seems so busy.
Ive just given the old bus a good wax/polish, which I shall repeat every 6 weeks till the summer,and next week Ill give the underneath 5 Ltrs of Waxoyl.This may not stop the dreaded tin worm but it sure slows it down. :)

Gave mine a wash and wax this week, first time this year, shows how little ive used it this year :shock: Now in the Protec shelter with a JK cover on wraped up for winter 8)

Just

Garaged every night but up and about every morning. I sort of believe in the "get the air through it theory" but that might be because I haven't got another car at the minute!

Hi Chrisby in Falmouth - did you see us running about town the weekend before last. A white tintop Danbury. We were up and down to the Maritime Museum Car Park, sitting along Cliff Road having a cuppa, camped up the road that runs along the top of town and goes down to Maenporth, (can't remember the name of the site, but its a CC one) hanging around near Swanpool, and an exciting trip over to Flushing and Churchtown - don't think we'll repeat that last one in a vw again. We saw several vw's that trip, flashing a blue one at a roundabout near Asda. Also saw a brown one, and a signwritten one, can't remember what it was advertising, but it was something local.

We also saw a very interesting very old one near Okehampton on our way back up country on the Monday. I took a note of the number on a piece of scrap paper, and have put it somewhere so safe that I now can't find it - if I do, I'll put it up on here to see if anyone knows her. I say 'she', but it looked more like a boy really :? It was dark sort of greyish khaki, lots of patina - definately well lowered, a very small back window, and the best thing of all was that it had flap indicators. We overtook it, then on a downhill stretch it overtook us as did a nice blue and white one was close by. Shortly after we were overtaken by a very customised old beetle which hooted and waved madly at us. All of us were going 'north'.

Vanzilla, as my OH has now named our bus,(I had given her the more feminine name of Vanilla) is now in the garage for the winter. We are leaving for Falmouth for a winter let next week, but won't take her with us as nowhere under cover for her. Our kids are staying here, but they are not allowed to touch Vanzilla. Don't know if I can get on line down there as I think we have to get a temporary 'phone 'turned on' by BT. Just hoping OH will do this rather than rely on mobiles.

EB

Mines been garaged since vanfest. Keep given it a run every few weeks when it's dry, but other than that it's locked away (Unless I can find away to get the gas heater in it working :? )

Used mine at the weekend for a trip to woolacombe, put it away covered in shit :lol:

i'ii prob take it out for a blast on dry days (we don't get many though) but the grit and salt they put on the roads up here is nasty stuff, worry it's going to eat my wee van away lol.

mine is in a lock up, is it best to keep it un covered to let the air in or wrap that bad boy up???

oh what about batteries best to keep in or take them out if it's going to sit for a bit?

cheers :lol:

I would suggest removing the batteries if its going to sit.

As for my van I'm running him over the winter, just going to keep the underside pressure washed to get the crap off and then waxoyl him when its drier in the summer.

20112008003.jpg

Clearing out the garage at home so I've had 4 double mattresses on the back to take to the tip, got a sofa and a ton more junk to haul up there tomorrow.

Used mine 4 times this week, 3 times to work (40 mile round trip) and once to go and fetch my ebay win (30 miles round trip)

Latest posts