High is the new Low - my 71 camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome clean lines with full 70's vibe. Looks great. And can't not comment on the wheels. Read the whole thread and now have something else to add to my want list 🙂
Deffo higher at the front! 😜 And don’t forget the slight drop to one side to finish off the look 😬🤩

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpeg
    IMG_0688.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0685.jpeg
    IMG_0685.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Hi all Well its been a while since I last posted! Sorry! And sorry for reviving an old thread but thought i’d post a couple of photos following the campers 2 1/2 year restoration.

I’m super happy with how it turned out. Hope you like it too after a load of work by the brilliant gents at Double H Restorations.

😁😁😁
Awesome, really like that look, super clean and style style style!

Awesome clean lines with full 70's vibe. Looks great. And can't not comment on the wheels. Read the whole thread and now have something else to add to my want list 🙂
Thank you mate. Appreciated. Never seen another set of Western wheels for sale on correct stud pattern and ET. I guess they must be out there somewhere but so few landmark conversions were made, there can’t be that many sets kicking about 🤷🏻‍♂️. I just got super lucky. 👍👍

Thanks for the kind comments. It’s certainly getting used. Even in the rubbish weather. Scraped it on the wall 2 weeks ago though! 🙄🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ Always going to happen at some point.

IMG_4765.jpeg

Thanks for the kind comments. It’s certainly getting used. Even in the rubbish weather. Scraped it on the wall 2 weeks ago though! 🙄🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ Always going to happen at some point.
“Patina” has to start somewhere….but I’d still be fuming, & probably thinking about doing a 4th stripe now.

Last edited:
“Patina” has to start somewhere….but I’d still be fuming, & probably thinking about doing a 4th stripe now.
😂😂 Yep it does have to start somewhere but not sure I’m ready for patina yet so it’s getting painted again!

Hi all Well its been a while since I last posted! Sorry! And sorry for reviving an old thread but thought i’d post a couple of photos following the campers 2 1/2 year restoration.

I’m super happy with how it turned out. Hope you like it too after a load of work by the brilliant gents at Double H Restorations.

😁😁😁
Love it

Campers been treated to some more TLC over the last couple months. Got the wheel arch and door sorted after my little mishap in January.

Took it to Tom at Clarkes Automotive near swadlincote and engines been out for a spruce up and to cure an oil leak that basically covered my engine bay in oil if i drove it any distance so Tom took a load of unneccesary breather pipes and boxes off. Looks loads cleaner in there now.

Tom also modified genuine beetle VW heat exchangers to fit fit and had them powder coated and the heating in it is great now! Had a vintage speed exhaust fitted which hasnt been issue free to be honest due to the poor fit of a supposedly stock tail pipe version that didn’t clear the rear valance so we got a bit of fettling to do on that.

First time i’ve used Clarkes as its about 70 miles from me but nothing but praise for the work Tom does and his attention to detail. Top stuff.

Ready for summer now.

Attachments

• 13bc5c7d-d377-4561-8c6a-402c3b2f3d28.jpeg
    13bc5c7d-d377-4561-8c6a-402c3b2f3d28.jpeg
    569.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 649e3ff1-87f6-42ed-a171-3e2ca13f4bed.jpeg
    649e3ff1-87f6-42ed-a171-3e2ca13f4bed.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ab510cd4-d6b9-4d87-9af7-026c42c006c7.jpeg
    ab510cd4-d6b9-4d87-9af7-026c42c006c7.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4f02f99d-4afe-4bc4-ab8e-d1761460e732.jpeg
    4f02f99d-4afe-4bc4-ab8e-d1761460e732.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 004fe184-45b6-4a0b-9eda-063bd12a226a.jpeg
    004fe184-45b6-4a0b-9eda-063bd12a226a.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5978.jpeg
    IMG_5978.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6060.jpeg
    IMG_6060.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6063.jpeg
    IMG_6063.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Exceptional engine bay, van looks superb👍

Is the supply to the Malpasi on all the way? mine goes all the way up to the top. Just checking as the last thing you want is that popping off 👍

Exceptional engine bay, van looks superb👍

Is the supply to the Malpasi on all the way? mine goes all the way up to the top. Just checking as the last thing you want is that popping off 👍
Thanks mate. Yep Tom at Clarkes has done a cracking job.

I double check the fuel line when i get home but if i remember rightly, its tapered for different fuel pipe bores. Tom’s changed all the fuel lines so always worth a check check to make sure its not worked loose. 👍👍

Next on the list is finally getting round to fitting the automatic fire extinquisher in the engine bay.

Had a vintage speed exhaust fitted which hasnt been issue free to be honest due to the poor fit of a supposedly stock tail pipe version that didn’t clear the rear valance so we got a bit of fettling to do on that.
Our VS exhaust fouls the rear valance pushing it out in the same way, I thought it was just ours.

Latest posts