Engine Bay Sound proofing Panel??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Boyblue

Reaction score
Hi there.

I'm quite new on here but been sorting out our 71 Camper (Aug 70 build) and running it as a daily but the compressed card sound proofing panel with the circles in above the engine is falling apart. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement anywhere? Also I could do with a new piece of tinware that goes over the bellhousing behind the fan housing. Been looking on interweb at the usual suspects, JK, VW Heritage, cool air etc but cant find anything.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Giles

Did see this on a thread for Mr Brightsides resto.
Someone asked where he he got it! The bit above the engine that is... Will have a look and post link if I find it

here...
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=39940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

B-Boyblue said:
Hi there.

I'm quite new on here but been sorting out our 71 Camper (Aug 70 build) and running it as a daily but the compressed card sound proofing panel with the circles in above the engine is falling apart. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement anywhere? Also I could do with a new piece of tinware that goes over the bellhousing behind the fan housing. Been looking on interweb at the usual suspects, JK, VW Heritage, cool air etc but cant find anything.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Giles

Have a search on ebay (item 190817068759) I know there is one for sale at the moment £49 or pm 67 BAY on this forum as I recently bought a repair panel from him which worked a treat :D . Unfortunately the front tinware for the 71 is a bit of a rare beast as I recently discovered!

Latest posts