Dubs At The Castle

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who’s going to the Dubs At The Castle then ? Always a great show and great vibe. We need all to come that can as our attendance has diminished the last few years and we may be in real danger of loosing our little unique early bay camp site. Nice to put on a bit of a Bay display on the Saturday too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,see ya there. :)
Just picked up camping tickets for dubs at the castle.. How do I get involved with earlybay camping and display?

So who’s going to the Dubs At The Castle then ? Always a great show and great vibe. We need all to come that can as our attendance has diminished the last few years and we may be in real danger of loosing our little unique early bay camp site. Nice to put on a bit of a Bay display on the Saturday too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,see ya there. :)

When you drive in and get stopped by the peeps organising, just say you’re with the Earlybay lot and you have Earlybay camping . Follow the road / track through with your hazards on and then as you approach the Castle the track will gently bend to the right and you’ll be headed towards a brick built toilet block then it bends left again where you’ll be stopped again. They’ll ask if you know where you’re headed and you’ll tell them yes, I’m camping with the Earlybay lot just past that park. If you look just ahead of you twenty yards or so on your right, you can see a kiddies park with swings and sliders and stuff just ahead on the right. Go past the park and turn immediately right and follow around the park keeping it on your right hand side, the track you are now on has lots of trees to the left with some overhanging branches so you may need to come off the track to avoid them occasionally. Follow this as far as it goes, roughly a hundred yards ish and you can’t go any further unless on foot, there you’ll see a bunch of Earlybays parked up and possibly some empty bottles too :cool:
The display on the Saturday will be in the lower field and we’ll all get ready and drive there in convoy on Saturday morning about half nine or ten ish :)
Ozziedog ,,,,,,,,,, It’s as easy as it sounds. :)

Have a good event and I hope the line up is well attended.
We bought tickets to see Pulp months ago and, yes, the dates clash. :(

Great to see you all again at Dubs, Here's a small selection of photos I took....
I wish I'd taken more, but with the advent of phone cameras I seem to take less and less, I'll get my DSLR out again - that seems to make me take more!

Good recommendation from Ozzy....

20230714_192838.jpg

Early bay line up Saturday morning with Dan's split in the goal.
20230715_100604.jpg

Bit of carb fettling by Dan ...it worked I think!
20230715_163846.jpg

Legend!!! (I was actually a bit concerned when he jumped up on a plastic chair LOL)
20230715_211424.jpg

Now there's slammed and there's slammed!!! That just looks like someone's nicked his wheels!
20230716_093801.jpg

.... oh there they are!
20230716_103031.jpg

Paul's bus looking very tidy.
20230716_094632.jpg

If anyone's got any more pics, post them up, wish I's taken more of the lovely cars/vans/busses in the show & shine.

Andy

Wonderful, super piccies Andy. What a great show despite the weather throwing a hissy pissy fit every hour or so but in between it was great. Plenty of Stella was consumed, the music was off the charts again, we got to meet some great new friends from North , South, and every other corner of the UK. That picture above of the Ha Ha s playing at the clubhouse right behind our Earlybay pitch.The singer is not just a legend and top singer but a proper class act in the entertainment category. We’ve watched him neck a bottle or two of vodddy during his performances, whilst doing that he’s drinking pints to slake his thirst and for the break he’s ordered a tray full of ten pints fir his half hour break and he’s still sang on until the late late hours. The whole band were very tight in every way conceivable to drive this great front man.
If you have a very close look at that lowered split above, on the nearside tub, it says ‘Mind Your Head’ now that got a chuckle and a vote from me. There were quite a few Trophy’s found their way to our gang as well Harry got best paint on his green and black beetle that he’d painted, Harry is from CJ Motors and is Nicks son. Simon got best bay with his air ride LateBay with trick safari front screen, Simon is ‘Daisy’ over on the LateBay and someone with a dafty black and white Earlybay got the promotors choice (Dave Issit) . We had a tent rifled which was a proper downer, thankfully we think nothing was stolen, but it’s absolutely gutting to find someone has been going through your stuff trying to find something to steal. It still makes me evil for peeps to think that its acceptable to steal our stuff .
Met lots and lots of new friends, even met some very old friends too. Met Faux (Jon) who was one of the original five to start the Earlybay.com back in the day dot. The bike show wasn’t quite so well attended this year and we’re guessing that peeps just didn’t pack them because of the rancid weather.The bike show is always run by the C.J. Motors crew Nick and Claire , Harry and Teddy but there’s always some unusual bikes to see. DJs and bands were all absolutely top notch as was some of the food stalls especially the Thai food place. All in all, including the auction, approximately Six Thousand pounds was raised for an amazing charity that works to pre empt homelessness in youngsters and has an amazing track record to boot.
As usual I’ve taken zero pictures and I always regret that after the event when it’s toooo late.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Try and pencil this show in for next year peeps :) :cool:;):cool::)

Ozziedog great pictures and report sorry we didn't make it and have a Stella together unfortunately once again life gets in the way Mrs torn a muscle in her shoulder and was in alot of pain 😔 and off work for a couple of weeks best regards Nikki and John

Ozziedog great pictures and report sorry we didn't make it and have a Stella together unfortunately once again life gets in the way Mrs torn a muscle in her shoulder and was in alot of pain 😔 and off work for a couple of weeks best regards Nikki and John
Really sorry you weren't there, Hope Nikki is OK and makes a fully recovery.
Andy (they're my pictures ;) )

Hi
IMG_5879.jpegIMG_5888.jpegIMG_5884.jpeg
IMG_8084.jpeg81d3a5d6-b1f5-4c32-b3d6-980af6e0f44d.jpeg
View attachment 6522e4b9-8710-4e56-ae66-32fc3491e5d1.movHi,
Great to get to a show again and join the Earlybay group.
1st time in a long while, great to meet old friends and the new.
Added a few pictures, did not take many though.
Hopefully get to a few more again now.

Thanks for a great DatC

All the excitement broke the collie….😆😆
IMG_5891.jpeg

Brilliant, event poster with no date on it

I think you’ll find that this is just an extract from the whole event post, just an extract because we were chatting about this particular bit of the show as in the fancy dress theme. The previous actual event poster does indeed have dates and times on.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, but don’t panic ,,,,it’s gone now :) ;):)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, give her a sloppy one from me, tell her get good soon. :)

Hi
View attachment 6121View attachment 6124View attachment 6125
View attachment 6126View attachment 6127
View attachment 6128Hi,

Thanks for a great DatC

View attachment 6129
Great piccies, what was with the wide angle lens ???
Did it really need that to get my belly in :unsure:
Thanks for joining in, we all need perhaps to push this show a lot more at the beginning of the season to try and get more air coolers in that little parking space. It’s a real nice part of it.:cool:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, just another cracking show:)

Hi
View attachment 6121View attachment 6124View attachment 6125
View attachment 6126View attachment 6127
View attachment 6128Hi,

Thanks for a great DatC

View attachment 6129
Hello Si, good to see you back on the forum.

Latest posts