Bogging when pulling away.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjdixon

Reaction score
My van has just started to develop a bit of bogging (if that's the right term) when pulling away, where I go to pull away and it doesn't want to go, I have to dip the clutch and go again, it seems to be when warm but runs smoothly otherwise.

Is this the timing or something else?

I'm running a pertronix electronic ignition.

Thanks

Tom

Tjdixon said:
My van has just started to develop a bit of bogging (if that's the right term) when pulling away, where I go to pull away and it doesn't want to go, I have to dip the clutch and go again, it seems to be when warm but runs smoothly otherwise.

Is this the timing or something else?

I'm running a pertronix electronic ignition.

Thanks

Tom

Could be any one of a number of issues- distributor correct? pre-heats to carb OK? carb adjusted properly, timing set OK, valve gaps alright?

Assuming you haven't changed anything recently, I'd start with giving the engine a service and tuning the carb with a proper CO meter.

what dizzy you running cos if you have a 009 then carb jetting will be out,or replacment carb as they come jetted for beetles and jets too small.other thing is the accelerator pump working ?some are adjustable as well so can squirt more ,that some times works.There was a link on here to carb jetting for solex but was a few years ago ,should have been made a sticky.

Latest posts