Andyo11's 1969 Kombi - Shortys Old Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gingerporsche said:
Lookin good shorty 8)
Wilf

Thanks Wilf...

Means a lot coming from you particularly after the excellent work you did on your green bus...

You had any luck finding a bus yet fella?! (Nearly offered you mine, but decided, actually my wife and kids decided to keep my bus)

Shorty said:
gingerporsche said:
Lookin good shorty 8)
Wilf

Thanks Wilf...

Means a lot coming from you particularly after the excellent work you did on your green bus...

You had any luck finding a bus yet fella?! (Nearly offered you mine, but decided, actually my wide and kids decided to keep my bus)
Hey dude,
Cheers, yeah I do miss my green bus but got a very nice house from selling it :D
Had a fair few offers but but not found one as yet! Also had lots of time wasters too!
I'm sure ile have a bay again at some point though :D
Cheers wilf

I've had a little time to work on the bus over the last two days.. got the rear tyres fitted onto my 'new' wheels.. still debating in my mind what profile tyres to put on the front...

Here's the rears.. I'm so pleased with my choice of wheels (I have friends who are totally sick of me going on and on and on and on........and on and on about these wheels, those wheels!)

82107DDA-9626-4E27-8D0D-E4C0BC63D604-503-0000002AAA919FC7_zps27db0fbd.jpg

I also got round to fitting a Butty's Bits Throttle Kit... Obviously I haven't driven the bus with it yet, but it feels really good, it's well engineered and a simple to fit bit of kit.. thrilled with it so far..

WAS

680AB1A3-BE74-491E-8EED-ADB25B55DF68-503-0000002A74D204FE_zps3422c199.jpg

NOW

51BFDDBB-6EFF-4A64-AC0A-908477F9ABBF-503-0000002AA04A7C74_zpse46c89da.jpg

Looking very nice with those wheels Carl. Fixed glass all around? Your kids are going to hate you on a hot day.

Shorty said:
aspro said:
Looking very nice with those wheels Carl. Fixed glass all around? Your kids are going to hate you on a hot day.

Meh! They'll be ok... Not exactly common in the UK huh!! Lol!!

You beat me to it. :lol: Looks great though. Not long now.

Very tidy Bud, what's your plan for the crows feet ;-)

Looks great bud, a kombi like this is defo on my list of buses to have!!!!!! I hope I never see body chrome on that bird :D

Those wheels look great with the colour. What size tires are you running?

squareweave said:
Looks great bud, a kombi is defo on my list of buses to have!!!!!! I hope I never see body chrome on that bird :D

What size tires are you running?

Nah, it would cover up too much if my beautiful patina!

Latest posts