• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 Bay Window Camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homersimpson

Reaction score
Hi,

Though I would post my van on here before I subject it to the ravages of e-bay.

The van is a 1972 Baywindow Camper, originally it was a Devon conversion I think and has a lift up roof.

I have no idea of what its worth, it owes me around 10K but obviously i'm not expecting to get it all back.

The e-bay description I have written in readiness (although it not being MOT'ed till next week) is as follows:-

For Sale 1972 Tax Exempt VW Bay Window Camper Van.

We bought this in 2009 as my Father had always wanted one, I restored the body work in 2009 and he then started on the interior. Unfortunately his health has now let him down and we are therefore selling it as an unfinished project as he is unable to continue with it and its not my sort of thing.

The van has just been MOT'ed and taxed (tax exempt).

The body restoration included the following:-

• New offside inner, outer and middle sills.
• New nearside inner and outer sill
• Near front wheel arches (the whole panel not just the outer)
• Repairs to the front chassis legs and floor pans
• New complete front panel and lower panel
• 4 Jacking Points
• Offside lower side panel
• N/S Lower Sliding Door Repair
• Lower rear quarters and repairs to inner arches
• New outer and middle belly panels
• New central heater duct tube
• New lower rear corner panels
• New battery trays both sides
• Good second hand offside front door
• New offside door skin and lower inner panel.

The van was repainted in its original colours, the paintwork is not concours but is presentable. Colours are yellow at the bottom and white at the top.

Mechanically we haven't done much to it other than new brake flexi houses and one front brake calliper, this was all done in 2009 and it hasn't really moved much since. For the MOT it needed the other brake calliper replacing with a reconditioned unit.

I bought and fitted a Just Kampers handling kit which included 4 new gas shock absorbers, a thicker front anti roll bar and a rear anti roll bar. It also came with a lowering kit to fit to the front beam which I never got around to fitting (the rear can apparently be disassembled and reassembled to a lower setting without modification.

Interior wise we fitted a new folding rock and roll bed with seat cushions and my dad made some nice units containing a coolbox and sink. We do have some of the matching wood left to enable other units to be constructed if required (we had thought about an overhead locker unit).

The van has a Zig unit which worked when last tested but that was a few years ago now. We have a mains charging lead for the van.

This van has a folding roof and original padded boards which provide sleeping accommodation in the roof for a couple of children, so in all the van should be able to sleep 4.

We would like the van to go to a good home, ideally it would suit someone who would like to finish one of these to their personal tastes but doesn't want to get involved with the messy and expensive bodywork side of things.

It seems to run ok but I would give it a good service if I were keeping it as it hasn't been on the road properly for a couple of years.

The gear change is a bit vague but I was told when I looked into it that they are normally like that, might be worth checking the various bushes and linkages.

It needs new front door cards and some interior trim finishing off.

As ever with E-Bay if you bid on it and win it then its yours, a £100 deposit to be paid by paypal within 24hours otherwise it will be offered to the second chance bidder. Please call me on the above number to arrange payment.

Finally this vehicle is advertised elsewhere and as such it may be removed before the end of the auction if it sells elsewhere.

If you have any questions give me a ring or use the ask seller function on e-bay.

Your welcome to post a classified type advert here. Please post some pics and a price ... Links to eBay aren't really the right way . Cheers :D

http://www.photorapide.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
click on' envoyes vos photo'
it s easy ;)

Clem said:
Your welcome to post a classified type advert here. Please post some pics and a price ... Links to eBay aren't really the right way . Cheers :D

Thanks for the response but if you read the advert its the text from a future e-bay advert that I am going to post, there is no link. As for price I have given an idea of what its cost me and would obviously like to get as much back as possible but i'm open to offers.

I will take some pictures but at the moment its on axle stands as i'm waiting for the brake calliper to be delivered so that I can get it moted so its not very photogenic at the moment.

Homersimpson said:
Clem said:

Thanks for the response but if you read the advert its the text from a future e-bay advert that I am going to post, there is no link. As for price I have given an idea of what its cost me and would obviously like to get as much back as possible but i'm open to offers.

I will take some pictures but at the moment its on axle stands as i'm waiting for the brake calliper to be delivered so that I can get it moted so its not very photogenic at the moment.

OK. Its probably best to lock this and you can do a proper advert when youre ready to sell. :) Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts