• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Show Winning Westfalia Camp mobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toffo24

Reaction score
1970 Westy Camp mobile
£30,000 ovno
For those of you that do not know our bus no expense has been spared restoring our beloved Rocky back to his best, now the time has come to let him go to a new home which I hope will be a good one and will give the next owners as much pleasure as my wife and I have had over the last 6 years.
This bus has a huge spec!
Engine 1904 cc Dan Simpson Engine cost to build was circa 7k Engle 100 cam, 1.25 ratio rockers , fully balanced with A Kennedy stage one clutch, 123 ignition, CB breather tower, roller throttle tube and powder coated tin wear, running 36 DRLA Dells, This engine makes 101 hp and 120 Lbs ft of torque on the rollers. We have just covered a 400 mile round trip to Belgium and runs very well.

CSP front brake conversion, NOS rear drums, new front shocks 2015. CE steering rack conversion and lowered from stock hieght, this can be easily reset if required. 185/70R14 Diamond back white wall tyres are fitted all round. Repainted and fitted with all new rubber seals 5 years ago in Brilliant blue and Cloud white with a one off period pop top our Campmobile was fully insulated, sound deadened and re-trimmed by me in 2011. The interior is kept nice and warm by our Ebberspacher D2 Diesel heater.

The steering wheel will not be going with the van and a standard one will be fitted in its place, This van will have a new MOT. Ready to go and camp out in !

For more info on this van please check out our build thread in the galley under "Rocky the Campermobile".
This bus has won several trophies including the Robert Johnson shield and it placed in the top 10 busses at Brighton Breeze in 2014.
No part ex's please and please no silly offers, it cost me a lot more that the asking price to build this van. I would like to see him go to a good home.

Thanks for looking

Contact me on 07584 198065
Thanks Peter

]
fleur-challis-photography-vw-camper-and-commercial-magazine-10_zps5767a074.jpg
[/url]

And one of my favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts