1970 Dormobile D4/8

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brusher

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site, so thought an introduction would be in order.

I have a 1970 Dormobile D4/8 that belonged to my late Father. I think it might be of interest to some!
Sadly, it's been neglected over the years and was last on the road (briefly) in 1997. The last 20 years has been spent outside under a tarpaulin. When it passed to me a few years ago, I bought a fitted cover for it which was an improvement but still far from ideal. I hope to get planning permission to build a decent garage to house it better. The beast itself is notable for a couple of reasons. First the recorded milage: 13'000! It was only really used in anger once in 1976 for a family holiday around Europe. Second is the total originality, basically the same as it left the Dormobile Factory.

I understand that I have something that is probably regarded as rather rare, and want to do it justice. Overall condition is not the best, but it's sound and it wouldn't take too much work to recommission her for the road. I have a full restoration planned, but it does rather depend on getting the poor old thing under cover where I can work on it. I'm a motorcycle man at heart, but a young family has opened my eyes to the possibilities of a camper van... I can post some photo's if anyone is interested.

What's your plan? You ask if anyone is interested is that to buy or to see it in its present state. If it is the latter let's see some photos. Get it on the road and enjoy it.

Wold love to see some photos warts and all. I personally love to see vehicles in their original state especially in straight from the factory condition, looking forward to seeing it.

Welcome brusher and a nice story of the van and how it has been in the family for a long time :)
As above, we would love to see pictures of it now and once you start the refurb too.
Any questions don't hesitate to ask on here :)

I'll sort out some photo's over the next few days. Thanks everyone for your interest!

Latest posts