• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 early bay tintop RHD any offers considered

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clubby0836

Reaction score
I have decided to sell my loved early bay window t2 lowlight walkthrough campervan, with a new project on horizon
It is an a rare English right hand drive walk through. Lowlight early bay.
It is tax exempt!!

A devon torvette conversion, these are getting rarer now, it's quite desirable, it has been used for camping trips, and long journeys to and from Cornwall without many problems.
It was registered in 1968 which was first year of bay windows so has a one year painted dash, and lots of original one year only parts. However I have recently found out from the vin number that it was manufactured on 12th December 1967 which makes it a very early one

I have owned it for 5 years and in that time, i have done lots too it.

Mechanics:
1600 single port Engine has been replaced for a rebuilt 1600 engine which has only done about 3k since I put in. But if the potential buyer wants I still have original engine but will need a full rebuild but can sell with car.
Gearbox works great with gears staying in place, and all syncros fine.
New clutch,
Brakes are drums all round and great with new shoes and cylinders.

Electrics:
All the electrics are 12v and work great,
New dynamo,
New Flasher relay,
New Rear lights,
New battery.
Battery isolator switch
Alpine CD player

Interior:
Interior is original Torvette conversion by devon. Nothing I am aware of is missing
It has two ring hob with grill that is in a cabinet that can be swung out of the sliding door so you can cook outside.
The double bed is not a rock and roll bed but a little more of an unusual one where there is a draw to pull out and two legs screw into support.
A table tucks out of the way when not being used or clips in place to form a fixed table or legs can screw up and table can be used outside.
There is plenty of storage
The Torvette was designed to be adaptable for different situations.
There is new laminate flooring and my wife has made new denim seat covers and personalised curtains using the blue and white checkered theme including the vw symbol.

Body work:
In need of a little TLC,
Wheel arches, doors, and bottom of engine bay lid, all showing signs of rust.
It has had some paint work in past but The underside of bus is solid, and in great condition for the age of bus.
Window seals are all in good condition.
This camper is a great opportunity to just jump in and enjoy as it is as a rolling project it's a desirable bus and will only increase in value.

This camper is a great opportunity to just jump in and enjoy as it is as a rolling project it's a desirable bus and will only increase in value.

I hope this camper will give someone the same amount of pleasure it has me.

There are some more photos available here:

http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/joshua_smith19/slideshow/Vw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/joshua_smith19/library/Vw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you need any further pictures then please let me know.
Price wise, I have it advertised elsewhere for 17500, but am open to offers, please come and see and let me know what you think

Still for sale, more pictures available on request

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Now on eBay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252416051935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts