westy buddy seat dimensions?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve92

Reaction score
morning all. I would be eternally gratefull if anyone can measure a westy buddy seat and provide me with the following dimensions, as i'm wanting to make one from some westy wood i have. alternatively if anyone is close to huddersfield that has one i can measure. having numbered the dimensions i need. also i'm aware the back and the front are shaped slightly to fit the seat stand,and the side ply panel, but the dimension to the widest point is what i'm after. many thanks,steve.

IMGP1928.jpg

Just in the garage to do this for you and find out my wife has stolen the tape measure to go to ikea today :|

Let me know if this is still needed and I'll do it tonight - hopefully before I start having to assemble flatacked furniture :)

Hey Lard. Yeah still needed. be great to the sizes. :D I'm only after the wood size, not with the cushions on.

Many Thanks Lard. Really gratefull for that :D If you happen to be at dubfreeze, I owe you a pint! Have been measuring my wood this eve, and have enough to make the buddy, and re-make my bed front ,so I'm well pleased! Steve.

Our interior has been remade in oak and the buddy seat is incomplete and a slightly different size. i am looking to remake this (in oak) to match the original spec/dimensions. I have found the very useful drawing below, but was after some more info / help please.

First i need to decide whether i make it early or late spec. The obvious difference being the high seat back for 71 on.

Questions...........
Is it just the seat backs that are different? or is the whole base unit different?
What are the dimensions of the seat backs (early and late ) please
what are the dimensions of the seat base (cushion)?

Has anyone got a buddy seat or seat back cushion for sale?

any photos showing detail and plan views would be great, thanks

this is what ive got at the moment
DSC02886.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

Rob

lard said:
Here you go! - my westie buddy seat dimensions:

e2ca7e67.jpg

Let me know if any more measurements needed :)

Hi,

glad the drawing was of use! If it helps I can measure my back and seat base cushions? (the buddy seat is in my '71 and think it's OG)

lard said:
Hi,

glad the drawing was of use! If it helps I can measure my back and seat base cushions? (the buddy seat is in my '71 and think it's OG)

That would be great thanks. Any pics from from above showing map holder and pics in general with&without cushions would be massively helpful as well please :D

hi the below link is to a webpage where there are downloadable drawings with measurements for numerous internal cabinets , they are in pdf format but should cause no problem
the rest of the site is also interesting (its not my site)
brian

http://web.me.com/kombiman/aircooled/page17/page17.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sproggy4830 said:
hi the below link is to a webpage where there are downloadable drawings with measurements for numerous internal cabinets , they are in pdf format but should cause no problem
the rest of the site is also interesting (its not my site)
brian

http://web.me.com/kombiman/aircooled/page17/page17.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

very detailed plans - but nothing for a westy :(
thanks anyway :D

Thanks a lot mate - pics are great - I'm gonna make it 71 style cos the higher back will be more useful for the kids to use. :D

r73 said:
Thanks a lot mate - pics are great - I'm gonna make it 71 style cos the higher back will be more useful for the kids to use. :D

Cool - I use my buddy for my youngest in his full child seat and works well with the 3 point belt

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Latest posts