Front badge location?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
can anyone give me, or point me in the direction, of getting the correct location for putting a badge on the front of the van?

Thanks in advance

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=264673

395292.jpg

Hey guys, as a little thank you to the forum I have created a 1:1 scale drawing that you can stick to the front of your bus and use as a template if you are trying to fit a front badge but have no holes present. I have taken the measurements from the photo posted above, and checked it against my own early bay.

VW-T2-FrontBadge-Template.png

You can download it from here:

http://naturalmohican.com/permanent/forum/VW-T2-FrontBadge-Template.pdf

If anyone wants me to print out a full size version for them I may be able to do that soon as I have purchased a plotter, otherwise any printing company can do this for you.

Also, I have had a carbon fibre front badge made which is absolutely awesome!

carbon-vw-badge.jpg

I was chatting to some of my pals recently about my bus (and the lack of progress I'm making!) and they told me they have started making carbon fibre parts and offered to make me a VW badge out of carbon fibre as a one off. With all the effort they went to to produce this for me, I felt I had to tell people about it, and although they did this as a one off for me, they have everything already in place and I’ve persuaded the guys to do more of these and told them to offer it to the forum.

I’ve got tonnes of photos but none showing it on the van yet... will wait till summer before fitting it. I know they are more than capable of producing these as well as other badges and parts as long as there is enough interest so I just thought I would make this post, what do you guys think? Should I start a new thread offering a group buy for the badge and see what interest it brings up?

Latest posts