Buying a bike

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a touring bike online. Don't want to spends thousands and have seen this in Halfords.
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes-and-classic-bikes/carrera-parva-limited-edition-mens-hybrid-bike-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the link doesn't work its a Carrera reduced to 199 quid. Don't want to do any mountain bike stuff this us for basic fitness. So I know some people are in to their bikes just want some advice.

To be honest, the spec at that price is pretty good. It is effectively a mountain bike but with smooth tyres & higher gearing. The 27.5" wheels will roll better.
A road bike with 700c tyres would roll faster, but choices are very limited around this price point.
All in all, not a bad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you interested Im looking to sell my M/L sized Giant Defy 5 slightly more expensive and a road bike but thought it's worth suggesting.
It comes with a one23 front and rear light £350 Ono

Mr Brightside said:
To be honest, the spec at that price is pretty good expert SEO Paris. It is effectively a mountain bike but with smooth tyres & higher gearing. The 27.5" wheels will roll better.
A road bike with 700c tyres would roll faster, but choices are very limited around this price point.
All in all, not a bad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad at all, but the accessories are not too expensive because the quality of the bike, it must be expensive.