• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Patina without rust - awesome 71 deluxe with westy interior NOW SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ1

Reaction score
Great stock bus with new brakes, steering, etc. MoT and on the road with AD 1600 engine that starts, runs and pulls well. Interior is really clean with fresh insulated ply headliner, new front seat covers, stock westy r & R bed, new vinyl floor. No curtains but all rails in place. Even has its original working radio in good condition. The bus is elm green/pastel white with the white nicely sunburnt showing green through. 90% original paint. Rock solid chassis and panels, has the factory painted number still on the beam and original paint inside wheel arches. Under 100,00 on the clock - believed to be genuine mileage. Has 1981 Rolling Stones tour stickers on original chrome rear bumper! I'd like £12000 for this bus but would consider near offers. Can email more pics. Located in East Devon not far from Dorset border and A30. Brian - 07850866467

Some more pics for those who have asked. The bus is a tintop walkthrough with complete and tidy westy interior. Very solid underneath with mostly original paint on the chassis.

Rolling Stones stickers and other evidence points towards this being a Californian bus, although it was found in northern Montana. Mileage is probably genuine as there is a 1994 mileage scrawled on the back of one sunvisor, and we know the bus was laid up in 1995. I have renewed all brakes, servo, suspension ball joints, wheel bearings, clutch, CV joints, cab interior, most window rubbers, door cards (very good originals found), floor plywood and vinyl. Electrics all work. Open to offers as I've found a split that I like.

Still for sale - now reduced to £11k for quick sale. Come and see it and drive it - you will not be disappointed. How often does a really solid 71 deluxe come up for this price? 07850866467.

ratty1959 said:

Thanks - I can't believe nobody has bought this! To those who have asked - no, it's not rust on the chassis - it's Waxoyl!!!!! This is the most solid and straight bay I have seen in a long time. On the road - MoT'ed, running driving, nice clean interior, just needs a set of curtains and it is ready to camp.

This bus will be at Busfest in the for sale area on Friday and Saturday.

I'm amazed this hasn't sold yet!
The interior is lovely and the van is solid, wish i could have got the money together.
Good luck with the sale.

mark__gti said:
I'm amazed this hasn't sold yet!
The interior is lovely and the van is solid, wish i could have got the money together.
Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Mark - still for sale!

Still for sale. stock deluxe bus with original paint, under 91,000 miles. Running driving MoTed bus with lovely Westy interior. Just done another 200 miles without missing a beat. Because it's stock it will retain historic status and age-related plates next year when new rules come in.

Hey. I've been following this ad for some time, and might be willing to strike a deal on this van. Looks pretty solid...?

Located in Denmark, I need to know whether transport to Immingham is possible and could be arranged...? I have previously bought an earlybay in UK, and the DFDS freight route from Immingham-Esbjerg is my only option on the logistics :)

Look forward to hearing from yoú. Could send you my mail-adress for further dialogue.

Cheers, Brian

Brian said:
Hey. I've been following this ad for some time, and might be willing to strike a deal on this van. Looks pretty solid...?

Located in Denmark, I need to know whether transport to Immingham is possible and could be arranged...? I have previously bought an earlybay in UK, and the DFDS freight route from Immingham-Esbjerg is my only option on the logistics :)

Look forward to hearing from yoú. Could send you my mail-adress for further dialogue.

Cheers, Brian
You have pm.

This Bus is now sold - going back home to Germany and staying stock :) Thanks Stefan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts