• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

johns bus/ T2d tv bus for sale.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john the horse

Reaction score
Well its a mega heart breaker and really dont wanna do this but we have a big change in our lives and so something has to give as we are expecting our first and are having to move, and only found out 1 day after we bought steve and livs beetle too.

Well for those that dont know bus is a 1968 og paint delux, formerly the T2D TVbus that was built at bug jam 2009.

If you are after a trick bus thats got the lot then this is it.

Specs

Patina by the bucket full with oven baked white roof , done last year.
New headliner and retrimmed seats.
Mad mattz carpet to cab and walk through
Only welding ever done is the battery tray and a new cab floor.
Anchor waxed since owning and have have proffesionally serviced all its life every 1000miles.
Service and MOT just done less than 400miles ago tax out end of August but its tax free.

Interior can sleep 4 ie 2 adults and two kids easily as its a one of by Interior Motive and cost a fortune in oak veneer.
Dash is super clean with baseball stitch to top with a ipod Alpine head unit running hidden 6 by 9s at back plus fronts, jb audio amp and hidden boxed 10" sub.
Wood rimmed steering wheel with Porsche billeted hub.
Gene Berg shifter , really easy precise gear change.

Engine.

Vege recon 1600twin port with twin 40 Kadron carbs. only about 3500miles on and has never let us down only time was a condenser and coil but these are brand new now, all servicable parts ie plugs pionts etc less than 400miles old , starts first time every time only needs a little warm up less than 30 seconds as no chokes on carbs

Suspension and chassis.

Tubbed front and rear.
Notched front and rear
Csp brake disk conversion to front.
Twin brake servos fitted internally under rear bench.
Engine and gearbox raise with sump protecter under both.
beam raised
Steering box raised.
10" narrowed beam
running detailed bbt sprintstars.
Fluid displacement system on remote control allowing independant raising and lowering of the front and back, which apart from getting the bus to any ride height you like is also of benefit as when loaded up you can raise the rear and also can move the van to a level position for camping/ sleeping.
also when parked can be slammed on the deck .
Bus can be driven at any ride height between an inch of the ground to 8-10 inches of the ground which makes it great for getting in and out of fields also fits in a standard garage even with the roof rack.

Supplied with sale all servicable items i carry ie new plug coil etc and the rack is includes to as is a spare sprintstar.

All work carried out by Type 2 detectives and more recently by Matt Balls of Ballsd

This bus owes me a small fortune and you couldnt build a bus like this for under 30000 pounds ( i know i have the bank staements!!)

so as to price that diffucult as i know how it owes me but i have to be realistic and so the price is 18500 UK pounds.

This really is one of the coolest bays on the planet and there isnt anything like it in the uk

bus-1.jpg

DSCN0114.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

P1000280.jpg

Not running the 17s now

DSCN0030.jpg

P1000290.jpg

P1000277.jpg

Image0066.jpg

a real heart breaker, and sorry the bus is being sold complete its too good to break :lol:

john the horse :(

MOD EDIT - To ALL Users - Please dont 'chat' on this thread, all such posts will be deleted, as they are in all Early Bays For Sale threads. Big Congrats to the Horses on their news and its a real shame you are selling, btw ;)

bus can go back to static if new owner prefers, but due to the effort to remove the system it would not work out a lot cheaper, same with the shifter, wheel , and stereo, but i am open to suggestions/ offers cheers

thanks for the look going on VZI tonight, can any suggestion any more as the Samba is mainly US really.

I know its not getting ebayed well not without reserve anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts