Billy breaks cover (or Graham & Jen's new bus)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
So as some of you are aware we have sold Arnie and Monty in order to fund the build of a new bus that will be used for personal and business use, it took me a while to work out I couldn't drive 2 buses at once :lol: :lol: .

So enter billy, a 1970 Brilliant Blue sunroof deluxe that I found last year in Chris Cocks's yard on the edge of the Mohave desert, first few pictures are from when I first saw him.
664898b4.jpg

87e73035.jpg

4e168387.jpg

b37c82e3.jpg

688b0cc0.jpg

He arrived in January and I put him up for sale but soon realised it was the straightest shell I'd seen for a while, so despite the odd hole and rusty bit here and there he was taken off sale to become our next bus :mrgreen: , a few when he is arrived, notice different colour of the sky :!:
953ece70.jpg

146feca0.jpg

538ac0f9.jpg

ae7696d3.jpg

fa57846f.jpg

fd5623f8.jpg

More up to date, in the last couple of weeks he's been cleaned out ready to be rolled on Nathan (Haveacamper) jig so I can clean off the underside, just waiting for the wide five adapters to turn up from CJ Autos (still)
3205b7d7.jpg

2c62171a.jpg

b263a1fb.jpg

ae8a1702.jpg

84164cdd.jpg

ae26ccd9.jpg

239e5a47.jpg

48d55c7f.jpg

458b4d3a.jpg

cd64427d.jpg

b5a3ad3a.jpg

fc735490.jpg

Not sure what engine yet, might be a 1600 or might be the 1835 that was in Monty, but will have 2" narrowed beam, drop spindles, MEB front shocks, steering rack, horseshoe plates etc etc, will update as more work happens but fitting it in around the day job is not easy

Paintwork polishes up well, after a little G3
5a1ffc07.jpg

Hi Graham

really liked this bus when you first showed it on here.I'd have gone for this if it had been around when i bought mine.Cool colour, well worth giving it some love!

Kev

Love It ! , sure it will be a good un given time , Polish not Paint is good G

;)

Grazy said:
Love It ! , sure it will be a good un given time , Polish not Paint is good G

;)

No fresh paint going on this one Grazy, all og paint and plenty of polish, still need a good set of doors though :roll: :roll:

Oh you 2, you know I like my buses a little higher than slammed as I like a comfortable ride, you wait till you get a bit older :roll: :roll:

ooro said:
nice to see Jen on her hands and knees .....you know how to treat women G :lol:

I'll show her this thread Steve and then you'll be in trouble next time she sees you :lol: :lol:

I'm getting there!narrowed beam and hairpin bend in devon made me feel old! :oops:

Looking very nice Graham.

At this rate, you'll have yours on the road before mine. ( still waiting for my dropped spindles, 4 weeks now!!!)

keep up the good work 8) 8)

Looks like a great project van Mr G 8)

If you are keeping OG paint, how you goin' to manage getting the right colour doors without them standing out ??

gninnam said:
Looks like a great project van Mr G 8)

If you are keeping OG paint, how you goin' to manage getting the right colour doors without them standing out ??

Resprayed and aged/faded, all possible fella in the right hands ;)

Latest posts