Baby seat in camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisritchie

Reaction score
Hi, we have a 1970 lhd Bay Westfalia campervan and were wondering if anyone had managed to fit a three point seatbelt on to the back bench? We know you can put a newborn car seat in the front passenger seat facing backwards, but as our van is lhd it seems like the least safe place for baby to be!

Thanks for any ideas!
Chris

As far as im aware all Westys are built on microbus shells and will have mounts for a three point belt either side, I think C&C do belts for the back.
Theres a thread in the tech section on this subject if im not mistaken.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
here you go.

Yeah you have a mount on the wheel arch, just below the rear side window behind the bench and one (well 4 actually but the one closest to the seating position is correct the 2 inners are for a lap belt and the 4th is the other side) on the bulkhead. You can fit either inertias or statics.

sambadeluxe said:
Look forward to response on this one as i have same issue :D

Ben ;)

http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=538266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

been covered a few times, but here you go, mines also a lhd westy, my sons been in the back for a while now, got a 3 point belt in there (not retractable one)

there a mounting point as mentioned

IMG_7386.jpg

I have put the same belt in as Gary, the belt fixes just behind the rear cushion below the window.

I normally have a seat in here but the wanted to hold the kid down for a few minutes......the chocolate helped to keep him quiet too :mrgreen:

DSC00750.jpg

I have an inertia belt there, its deffo not long enough for a rear facing seat, but i have yet to try it for a front facing seat,i'll try it tomorrow and get back to you, i Have anothere baby on the way so need to find out any way :)

Mark

Common denomenator in the above. Young children happy, smiling and content ( asleep, how content is that?) in early bays. Surely that means Early Bay is the place to be? My boy is a bit older, and he love the bus, going to meets, seeing the 'old crowd' etc. What a nice wholesome environment for youngsters to grow up in. Brings a warm glow to the heart and a tear to the eye. Sniff.

Pete B said:
Common denomenator in the above. Young children happy, smiling and content ( asleep, how content is that?) in early bays. Surely that means Early Bay is the place to be? My boy is a bit older, and he love the bus, going to meets, seeing the 'old crowd' etc. What a nice wholesome environment for youngsters to grow up in. Brings a warm glow to the heart and a tear to the eye. Sniff.

:mrgreen: Didn't realise you were such a softie Pete :mrgreen: But so right.

When I've done the tucking up in bed, warm milk and bedtime stories (and given Teddy a big cuddle) I'll come over and remind you what a big macho fighting machine of a b'stard I really am!

Latest posts