New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I’ve just joined
I went to dub at the castle last year and would like to be able to camp with the early bay lot this year .

Rather than lost in fields of t4 /5 .

Not done any vw shows in a few yrs surprised how .
The lack of Aircooled stuff .

Stipesbay44 said:

Hi and welcome. You're not the only one noticing the rise in T4/T5 numbers and demise of the Aircooled attendance. Especially the last couple of years :cry:

Davydomes said:
Stipesbay44 said:

Hi and welcome. You're not the only one noticing the rise in T4/T5 numbers and demise of the Aircooled attendance. Especially the last couple of years :cry:

Maybe that's because less air-cooled owners can be bothered to turn up, unless it's in their T4/5/6.
If you don't go because there's no air-cooled vehicles, perhaps you're part of the problem?

... also air-cooled is getting less common. They're usually 2nd vehicles, they cost more, so if you had £10K to spend you'd get a T2 that needs a load of work and you'd have to get another car to go to work in. Or you get a decent T4 which you can do everything in.

On an average journey you may see 1 other air-cooled anything, but there are 100s of T5/6s.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately some of us don't have the funds required to attend all the Aircooled shows to make a difference.
If I had the moola I would be there in a shot. We have to be really picky and then take into account the
fact that holidays need to be considered. (No offence anybody).
My favorite although 4 hours away is no longer , but I do understand as it was very specific.

We will just have to look for another ....or .... we could redo the Gloucester meet again :D :) :) :D
and a lot more could attend with a decent amount of time and notice. ;) ;) Hey you never know.

J & P
:D :D :D

sparkywig said:
Davydomes said:

Maybe that's because less air-cooled owners can be bothered to turn up, unless it's in their T4/5/6.
If you don't go because there's no air-cooled vehicles, perhaps you're part of the problem?

At no point did I mention I don't go because of T4/5/6 numbers. It is something I have noticed, it doesn't stop me.

hikinfool said:

Well hi there, how ya doin? :mrgreen: So glad that you could join us. :mrgreen: Bit fed up with this wind and rain though , can’t last forever though can it ;) If you stand on tipppy toes and look over past the clouds, you just about see summer making his way over to us, but only ambling to be fair .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, come on summer! :p :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen: :shock:

Hello, I'm Tracee, from sw Cornwall. I own a 68 westy bay imported from Colorado in 2006. I do all the work on it myself.
Currently undergoing some cosmetic attention due to the lock down in place.
Take care, stay safe

Hi All

I sadly don't have a Kombi, I live in Western Australia and I think most of our rust free VW's were shipped to the UK a while back. I do have a '68 Beetle but that's not what this place is about so I'll keep quiet about that. I joined as I'm trying to find out what happened to my first bus, I restored it in '91 and according to the DVLA it's still on the road. There's a photo book online from 2009 and it looks like it was used as a prom vehicle in 2018 :) It's a '72 bay with the rego RYY 973K. Any info on it would be gratefully received, I want nothing more than to know it's having a good life and being loved :)

Hi there in WA. I still reckon you’re more likely to find one in Oz than here in the UK. I have no idea where your bus is but a 72 may be over on the Latebay as well. I do know that there’s more than one person on there that does weddings, proms etc etc.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, hopefully it’ll turn up something for you :mrgreen:

Hi all,
Been lurking for a while, joined up and never really had a chance to spend time on the forum.

We have a 1970 westy import from cali. Been doing bits and pieces to it since 2013. Restored the interior, replaced the floor wood ,panels and vinyl, swapped out all the wiring, revamped the brakes, fitted new solar and electrical kit. Had the engine out, replaced exhaust, changed a few bits and put a new exhaust in. Now chasing away some rust that has appeared on the front valance, windscreen and bottom of doors. eeek!

Looking forward to scanning through and contributing where I can...and getting out there to some shows again!

Cheers
Zin

lol...looking at my profile, looks like a I joined in 2012 :lol: ...long time no post. I was waiting for the interweb to catch up.

Hi,

I've been lurking on here for quite a long time just trying to pick up ideas and looking at "how to" guides and the like to help me along.

I have a LHD '67 bay which is currently bare inside and I'd like to get to a standard comfortable enough to take out and use at weekends. Currently have laid insulation down and cut ply and vinyl for the floor. I have an R&R bed that needs assembling and fitting too. I have some blank interior panels too which I will probably get upholstered to match the R&R and front seats when they are replaced too.

I'm an absolute novice, and am based in the Wolverhampton / Stafford area so any tips would be massively appreciated!

Cheers :)

[edit: tried to add a couple of photos...]

Latest posts