STA-BIL fuel stabiliser

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie123

Reaction score
Anyone used or got feedback on adding Sta-bil or anything similar to your tank when storing for the winter ?
Is it worth it ?

I just bought some for this winter. Never bothered before but I hadn’t heard about this product before. The principle sounds good. I don’t suppose you would really notice much difference because it is preventing deposits building up in the tank lines carb etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don’t really see the point fuel isn’t gonna ‘go off’ after 2-3 months. You’d be better off removing the battery and keeping it in doors. A battery that’s been killed by the cold is more likely than moody fuel after winter storage.

If you were locking a car away for a couple of years it might be worth while.

I think your bigger issue is fuel tank corrosion where the fuel isn’t in contact with it. Whilst moving a vehicle around, the fuel sloshes up the sides and helps to keep a nice film of petrol on everything. When parked up and not moving, the upper areas of a tank are susceptible to moisture condensing there, which in turn leads to rust.

You’re probably better off brimming it before putting it into storage, and only starting it up if you are going to run it up to a good engine temp with repeated revving to get oil circulating properly.

Whilst petrol does ‘go off’ relatively quickly, normally this isn’t enough to prevent it from being usable after a winter with no use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brill stuff I use it to keep,the moisture out of the tank, it works really well. I always get the marine version it's better and goes further

Latest posts