VW Restorations in Halifax

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clean

Reaction score
Early Bayers,

I have recently had some engine work done on our Crossover Westy, May, by VW Restorations, on the outskirts of Halifax, following a recommendation on this forum.

I thought I would share what an outstanding level of Customer Service we have had, from a couple that know VW T2s inside out, and are passionate about them.

Richard - the owner - is a great chap - and his technical knowledge, dedication and delivery are all outstanding. The only downside is that the waiting list for Bodywork is three years!!! Says something about how good they are at what they do, and how bad the bodywork on a typical Bay is! for engine work it is far more immediate.

If you live in West Yorkshire, and need work doing on your Bay, you really can't go wrong.

Just thought I would share some nice vibes, and hopefully help out a fellow Early Bayer in God's own country. :D

Clean.

Thanks for the info - my use them to finish my engine when I get to that stage!!

Yeah, I nearly got some work on the chassis done there years ago, but couldn’t wait. Certainly knows his stuff.

'68 Single Cab
'71 Danbury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gingermonkey321 said:
Yep, agree, his approach is thorough and he gets the measure of a job quick. My engine is currently sat on his test stand for assessment... :shock: it's from my X'over with one owner for last 45yrs till I acquired earlier this year. Needs a full overhaul but is a decent runner with a mahusive fibre glass hitop.!
...Are you local to Halifax Clean? I'm over Holmfirth side.

Holmfirth side, too! :D

PM me!

Holme Valley vibes alive!

Ive know Richard since i bought my x over in 2010. Wouldn't take it anywhere else. Always ready to help and give advice over the phone. Or sometimes just call in for a chat as he's local. Would hesitate to recommend.

Latest posts