You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working out the steering-geometrie :shock: Build a test-module to work-out bump steer. Ordered some heimjoints to get more travel. Power-steering, 3” narrowed beam, 3cm raised beam, caster adjust, beam adjusters and dropped spindles (waiting on the new Tranporterhaus flipped and raised 2,5” spindles)…… fully custom it is 8)

:shock: hats off dooder! my small brain cant even handle getting my beam off without a struggle! :lol:

Too clever for my pea brain! :lol: ...... but I get the idea and yea and fair play. 8) looking forward to seeing how it all performs when its back together.

Awesome. :D

Plan B 8)

The steering geometry didn't worked out, back to the drawing board...... the arms were to short the bump-steer was way to big!!
Best results are with steering arms on central mounting. Problem with the rack i used before is that its longer than the space between the chassis rails (77cm chassis rails outside and 83cm rack). Also i don't want the rack lower than the beam :p and not to inference with the big Ridetech shocks.....

It's in 8)

Next up is shocktowers 8) This is the idea.......

Also bought some nice new parts:

Greetings from Holland, mycha

mychatype3 said:
Plan B 8)

The steering geometry didn't worked out, back to the drawing board...... the arms were to short the bump-steer was way to big!!
Best results are with steering arms on central mounting. Problem with the rack i used before is that its longer than the space between the chassis rails (77cm chassis rails outside and 83cm rack). Also i don't want the rack lower than the beam :p and not to inference with the big Ridetech shocks.....

It's in 8)
Next up is shocktowers 8) This is the idea.......
Also bought some nice new parts:
[img]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad112/mychatype3/Mobile%20Uploads/20160628_210644_resized.jpg[/url]

Hi Mycha this exhaust is handmade or same original parts? Have you same pictures from inside? or some drawing?
Thanks Tomas,)

suhaj said:
mychatype3 said:
20160628_210644_resized.jpg
[/url]

Hi Mycha this exhaust is handmade or same original parts? Have you same pictures from inside? or some drawing?
Thanks Tomas,)

Hello Thomas,

This is a B.AS. Motorsport exhaust ;)
http://www.ahnendorp.com/Beetle-typ...ustomsport-Exhaust-without-carb--heating.html

Still working ;)

Started at the extra chassis strength and adjustable shock towers:

The plan:

Special AN adapter (from weber carburators :shock: ) to solve the short space, normal adapter is hitting the lower-arm:

Collecting parts for the new arrive setup, e-level:

The new shoes are also ready 8) something different than the Fuchs;

Wow! Absolutely love this bus. Incredible work you're doing there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still having fun :lol:

new base plate for the shock tower and extra chassis for the track-rod hole

adjustable shock tower base

designing the shock tower

original spindle versus Brazilian spindel, the steering arm is reversed with the Brazilians spindle that is good to have extra space around the shock

The e-level airride is also complete, only make up some wiring-looms :p

collected a duel remote servo, a original servo mounted on the beam is hanging on the ground :lol:

Love the new wheels in the sun

Kind regards mocha

original spindle versus Brazilian spindel, the steering arm is reversed with the Brazilians spindle that is good to have extra space around the shock

collected a duel remote servo, a original servo mounted on the beam is hanging on the ground :lol:

Kind regards mocha

Kind regards mycha

Latest posts