Wood rim steering wheel with slots or holes on the spokes?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one of the 17" wood rim steering wheels with polished boss off eBay but can't decide wether to go with the slots in the spokes or the 4 circular holes which reduce in size as they get to the centre .Its to go in my slammed 69 panel .What do you guys recon .

I had a cheap one with holes that was pretty much made of cheese...although did me well for 3-4 years.
Now have a slotted one from MCJ and it's a serious work of art...just so much better and stronger than the old one!
Expensive, but quality kit tends to be these days.
Cheers
Al

I agree with Bundy I had a cheap one that used to bend, now have a slotted one from MJC and the difference is unbelievable! Well worth the extra!

So ones on eBay for 125 and 165 depending on boss are pretty crap you guys recon? If so I'll wait and get a better one .just thought I'd check first
Here's the item number incase there ok? 22187899684

I can't get that item number to work, but can't comment on them either as mine came from Vanwurks a few years ago. They didn't sell them for long as they realised they were poor quality, and now they just use MCJ ones if needed.
I'd save your money and get an MCJ when you can afford it as they really are fantastic quality.
Cheers
Al

Hi, ive got a springalex wheel with slots, had it three years now and for the money I think they are pretty good to be honest, I have had a nosey at a couple of the mcj ones and they are obviously better quality but they are twice the price, (im a tight arse :lol: )
You pay your money and takes your choice.
I would post a picture but me and photobucket are not getting along lately :?

................kev

Cheers bud good to know .
Think I'm going to put all my hard earned into a bug tech shifter instead and get the wheel next year

c6e79f4ea3e823a95b03b1d84ae85e98.jpg
I had a springs flex one, was on for about a month and I took it off as I didn't like the feel and position of it, I think it may be I had the wrong boss as I kept catching the indicator stalk when driving. Refurbed my original and feel a lot more comfortable with it, but that's just my opinion

[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com

Latest posts